Listening To Nature Sounds

strawberry

I find that just listening to the sounds of nature on CDs, either with or without music, is very soothing and relaxing, as well as being very stress reducing. Ocean sounds in particular do it for me. Does this work for you?

Myrrh

I don't have CDs with nature sound recordings, but I do like it when I'm on the beach where I can hear the sound of the water waves. For me, nature sounds have a relaxing and calming effect.

DixieMarie

That is one of the things that I like best about camping out. Listening to all the night sounds can be calming (as long as you don't hear a couple of raccoons fighting!)

wildcherry

I have a CD with the sounds of rain and bells. I just love it. I could smell the rain while listening to it. It was incredible when it smelled like a rainy day outside. It was so refreshing!

strawberry

Being close to nature like camping in the summer is the best. But when I'm stuck indoors in the winter, those CDs are so soothing and calming. Crickets make me think of summertime.

lettuce

I guess I'm the oddball out in that I don't find them relaxing. To me, CDs like that are just noise. I need near-silence to completely relax.

SoftRain

I don't buy the CDs. However, my daughter goes to sleep in our room with a sheep that emits ocean wave sounds (among others) and I have to admit it's very soothing.

naturelady

I only like them to fall asleep. My favorites are the ocean waves sounds and thunderstorms. Sometimes I find a thunderstorm on youtube to put on for my kids if they are fretting at bedtime.

rayne

I like them from CD's or in the natural. I especially like the ocean waves. It is so calming to me. I can relax and clear my mind and become totally stress free.

chabella

All Lady
This weekend we were out taking care of the property and it was an amazing day to be outside. Of course that night it dropped down to 28 but the day was good. Birds chirping up a storm, butterflies were out playing with the bee's. I love being this far away from town to actually enjoy the nature.

MarBell

I love the sounds of thunderstorms. We had a real one last night, and it was such good sleep. If I'd only known about the dangerous winds that were coming through, I might have changed my mind. I was actually dreaming I was in a thunderstorm.

wanderingherb

I am fortunate. Even though much traffic sounds during the day, in the evening you can hear the winds and ocean. No traffic then. It is soothing. But I find the CD's don't actually affect me the same way. Maybe is psychological knowing they are not real. :)

Esperahol

Sometimes I leave various games on my Xbox 360 so I can go to sleep to the sound of crickets or rain or the wind in the trees. Nature is pretty much dead around here now.

shaunche

I have never tried this, but just reading you talking about ocean sounds made me feel relaxed. I like the idea of this, I will definitely try it when I am deep breathing. My brother plays rainforest sounds from time to time.

Do you know where I could bu the CD's?

dissn_it

I have never tried this, but just reading you talking about ocean sounds made me feel relaxed. I like the idea of this, I will definitely try it when I am deep breathing. My brother plays rainforest sounds from time to time.

Do you know where I could bu the CD's?
Here is a website that you can download nature sounds for free. They have collections and individual recordings. They also have an online radio that plays nature sounds, too!
Nature Sounds: Ocean, Country, Desert, Pastoral, Rainforest, Farm, Jungle

beckyv1265

I don't know about nature so much. I have a birds nest outside my bedroom window and it drives me insane at the crack of dawn with all its singing. I do however love the sound of the Ocean. I think I could do that.

Parker

I have a CD of mountain streams and waterfalls. I listen to it whenever I feel especially stressed. It instantaneously relaxes me. I've had it for years. I can't remember where I bought it, but it was one of the best purchases I've ever made.