list of poisons (dog)

Healthy4us

Nature thank you for sharing this with us, and if I may, I would like to add one more thing, as this happened to one of the dog's I had. Floor Stripper. We had an old fashioned kitchen floor that needed to have the old wax removed. Even though the dog was not in contact with the stripper when the floor was wet, he did absorb it into and through the pads of his paws, and months later died. The product did not have one of the ingredients listed on the label, and sure enough, that one was the culprit! The Vet had to call Poision Control to get the listing. It was a heartbreak, so please also beware of what can be absorbed through their feet!

Celia

Thanks for the list and Healthy4us I am so sorry about your dog. I try to keep mine out of whatever room I am cleaning just like I do my kids even though they are supposed to be safe...just in case.

Joyce

I was not aware some of those plants were fatal, thanks for sharing that. I will have to be more cautious with the fur babies. Is there something similar to that for cats?

chabella

All Lady
The list is great. We love our pup to pieces but its hard to keep him away from the outside plants sometimes and while none are on the no-no list just yet, we still worry.