Liposuction

artistry

Does anyone know someone who has gotten liposuction. What was their experience? I hope the spelling is correct. Thanks.

Parker

I knew someone who had it done. She had a bunch of other cosmetic surgery done at the same time. It was really freaky because she looked 10 years. She did have a lot of pain, but she said that it was well worth it.

Jessi

You did spell it correctly.

I've never had it done, but I do know a couple people who did. One of them was really disappointed after a couple weeks. After the pain subsided, she found the areas to be lumpy and that it increased lumpiness elsewhere, too. She was really excited for it, but then disappointed at the results.

misumaru15

I have heard that it is not so great for cellulite. It can make it even worse in those cases. I had a csection and I don't relish that kind of pain. I would just pass.

Carolynn

I know some people that would like to have it, but I don't think I know anyone who has actually gone through with it. I do know of a couple of people that have done the gastric bypass surgery though.

Lena51

I don't know anyone that has gotten the liposuction surgery but the gastric bypass surgery I do know of someone that has had that done. I know the problems that she has gone through with that is sickening. She has had more problems than you can imagine. She has been the sickest person I have ever seem in my life. She has to be rushed to the hospital all the time.

sandooch

When I had my breasts reduced, the doctor did a little bit of lipo on the sides of my breasts, right under the arms. I guess I was really pudgy there. lol I did like the affect.

Jessi

When I had my breasts reduced, the doctor did a little bit of lipo on the sides of my breasts, right under the arms. I guess I was really pudgy there. lol I did like the affect.
Lol. Well that sounds like it'd be pretty normal for a reduction procedure. The whole area is going to be a little bit more...oversized...so it'd be natural to suck some from that area, too.

writer811

I haven't had it myself but I know someone who has. He was pretty overweight, to the point where it was dangerous to his health. He got lipo and is a lot healthier now. He's very happy with the results, even though he did say there was some pain afterwards (It is a surgery after all).

beckyv1265

I havn't but I did have a friend who was a pear shape and had her thighs and buttocks reduced with lipo. She was very happy with the results. She can now walk without her thighs rubbing together. She also looks better. She had a very small upper body and grossly disproportionate lower body. She feels like she is in proporton now. She enjoys wearing her clothes. I say if she is happy than thats all that matters.

artistry

A lot of excellent information. If it goes well, then there should be a good result. Surgery does bring pain in most cases. Thanks to everyone for sharing the stories. I appreciate them all.

misumaru15

Whomever is thinking of having this surgery should look into getting a compression garment. They should help hold everything in afterwards. Hope it all goes well.

Esperahol

Some things to remember - loose skin can and does result at times; it will be painful afterwards, and sometimes they suck the wrong things... like blood vessels and nerves.

sandooch

Lol. Well that sounds like it'd be pretty normal for a reduction procedure. The whole area is going to be a little bit more...oversized...so it'd be natural to suck some from that area, too.
True! I only wish he had gone down a little lower to take some off the ol' waist. That area is now giving me more and more problems. Darn menopause! :mad:

artistry

Oh my gosh Esperahol, "might suck out the wrong things, like blood vessels and nerves, " wouldn't that be just dandy? Why I am laughing, I don't know.

Esperahol

Oh my gosh Esperahol, "might suck out the wrong things, like blood vessels and nerves, " wouldn't that be just dandy? Why I am laughing, I don't know.
Because I did say it in a sort of funny way, but yeah - I have seen the results and they are not pretty. Limping about or having weakness in one side of your body because you wanted to lose weight the easy way sucks. It leads to on going problems and honestly anything you can lose with liposuction can be loss with time and effort.

marchese

i knew someone who had it, as well as gastro surgery to get the lap band. She looks great! But really needs to watch what she eats. She spent a lot of money to look how she does now and wants to maintain it.

artistry

This operation sounds as though, if you do it, you have to be lucky not to be worse off, than when you started in some cases. Which can be a little scary. Thanks Esperahol.

Jessi

I havn't but I did have a friend who was a pear shape and had her thighs and buttocks reduced with lipo. She was very happy with the results. She can now walk without her thighs rubbing together. She also looks better. She had a very small upper body and grossly disproportionate lower body. She feels like she is in proporton now. She enjoys wearing her clothes. I say if she is happy than thats all that matters.
Did she have any negative side effects from it? I can totally understand wanting to be more proportionate. I'm a small girl, though, and can't imagine my thighs never touching, heh....I thought that was pretty normal regardless of size.

beckyv1265

She did not have any side effects. I don't think anything would be perfect. But who cares about perfect? As long as she feels better than its worth it to her. I personaly have never cared about celulite. But then I am an apple shape and have no butt or thighs. All my mass is in my top. I have large fatty boobs and a little belly. I would be top heavy. The woman in my family tend to get breast reductions because the weight often makes the back hurt.