Just had a hysterectomy

krisnaturalgal

I just had a hysterectomy last week. I had a lot of bleeding and had multiple blood transfusions before my surgery. I'm still feeling a bit weak and blah. Anyone have some tips on natural things I can do to feel better. I'm not allowed to do lifting, driving and such yet.

Luvkenny

I don't have any tips or tricks but I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon! My mom had one when she was my age. Her mom did too at my age. I don't know if that means that I could have one too.

rayne

Rest, rest, rest. Make sure you get enough vitamin B and vitamin D. And did I mention rest. Your body needs to heal. Read something inspirational and invite someone positive over to have coffee with you. It will lift your spirits, I'm sure.

gina121

Rest, rest, rest. Make sure you get enough vitamin B and vitamin D. And did I mention rest. Your body needs to heal. Read something inspirational and invite someone positive over to have coffee with you. It will lift your spirits, I'm sure.
I agree with rayne. Your body needs to regain its lost strength and only a good diet with plenty of rest will help you. Perhaps a good all-round tonic might help with the appetite, together with a multivitamin

Jatelo2

I just had a hysterectomy last week. I had a lot of bleeding and had multiple blood transfusions before my surgery. I'm still feeling a bit weak and blah. Anyone have some tips on natural things I can do to feel better. I'm not allowed to do lifting, driving and such yet.
So sorry my dear I wish you a full and quick recovery. I thought these links might have information related to your post and thus important:

http://surgery.about.com/od/proceduresaz/ss/Hysterectomy_8.htm

http://www.livestrong.com/article/396141-what-exercise-can-you-do-after-hysterectomy/

marchese

keep your fluids up. Gatorade, and what not. Eat, small meals, even if you don't feel like eating. But don't over eat. I haven't had a hysterectomy but i've had several laparoscopies on my uterus and ovaries due to my endometriosis so, this is the best i can give you. As well, just rest, don't over do it.

artistry

I would start taking some time released iron pills every other day for about two weeks. Also Vitamin D, every three days for a week or so. Eat green vegetables, beets and if you like it, liver. V-8 juice would be good as well. Take good care.

Aletha

I agree with all of the above. Since you also had a blood lose situation, it is extremely important you get enough B12 and Iron Folate in your diet. You may even like to ask the practitioner if it would be feasible for you to have B12 injections for a while to help to build your blood stores up a bit.

Melissast

I think getting rest is probbaly the best for your body right now. Try not to do to much, or stress out about a lot while you are healling. I know its hard to reat, but maybe you could have a friend or family member come over and help with the chores or something while you take it easy.

pafjlh

First of all I wish you all the best in your recovery. As for feeling weak, this is to be expected after your body has suffered a trauma such as major surgery. The best thing you can do is allow your body the time to heal itself. I know this can be frustrating, but that is the only thing you can do at this point. Rest and build back up your strength.

marchese

agreed, rest is really the best advice one can get right now. I only had surgery that was day surgery, you will need to take it easy, bc you don't want to mess up the healing of your body,.