Incense

Pinkle

My husband and I went shopping for a few hours yesterday, just to get out of the house for a while. Of all the stores we went into and everything we looked at, the only thing we ended up buying was incense. After we got home, we lit a stick in the bedroom and it was so relaxing!

Does anyone else like to burn incense?

Lyra

I have always loved the idea of incense, but a lot of the ones I've smelled burning are too heavy. Plus I don't have a holder, and I don't want to spend money on one if I don't end up liking it.

I love it but don't burn a lot of it around the house because we have cats. I have heard that some of the aromatherapy oils can be very toxic to cats. Their respiratory system isn't the same as dogs and I don't 'think' it bothers them.

Luvkenny

I never burn incense and I don't really know why. I can remember my aunt burning it when I was a child. I can remember when I got too close to the burning incense my nose burned a little. That is probably why I don't use it.

jason

Have a great day
A bit too much according to some. But that someone likes to burn candles. I think it is because of the smell that they do not like the incense.

Primrose

I used to burn incense and candles all the time. However, the older I get the more sensitive I am to scents. The heavier the scent, the bigger the headache. I'm just about scent free in my house now.

Valerienne

Whenever I tried to burn incense, I failed miserably. I don't know what I did wrong but my room smelled like I'd been burning the furniture, not incense.

I didn't know it was bad for cats. Thanks for the warning, PrimroseLane.

Pinkle

Well, incense and aromatherapy oils are two different things, so I'm not really sure if incense is bad for cats or not. However, incense sticks do give off smoke, so I can see where they might give some people headaches. We chose a rather strong scent, so we only burn about half the stick at a time. It makes the room smell so good!

Valerienne

Oh, you're right. I read that wrong. You're also right about smoke, it can't be pleasant for the kitties. As for oils, I'm not sure if I believe they can affect cats. For instance - I've read everywhere that lemon and orange will keep cats away. Nope. Fun fact: when I put lemon-scented air freshener on my cat's transporter, the cat crawled in even though the only association he usually has with that thing is sheer terror and painful shots.

Well, I probably won't experiment with other oils. Better safe than sorry.