Ice Cube Soap

Mellie

I was looking through my recipes for soaps, and I found this recipe for making soap in ice cube trays. It is a simple recipe that I use to make with my nephews when they were small. We used Mickey Mouse ice cube trays.

ICE CUBE SOAP

Glycerin Soap blocks
Liquid food coloring
Essential oils
Petroleum jelly
Cotton swabs
Ice cube trays (regular or with various shapes such as
hearts)

Cut glycerin into chunks, then place in a microwavable bowl.
Melt the glycerin in the microwave on HIGH, stirring at 15-second intervals.
About halfway through melting, add a drop or two of food coloring.
With a cotton swab, coat the inside of the ice cube tray with petroleum jelly.
Add a drop or two of essential oils to glycerin.
Pour melted glycerin into the tray, filling each section almost to the top. Let cool at room temperature for about 2 hours. The "ice cubes" will pop out easily.

Twinny

Thank you for posting this. What a great idea for a rainy day project with my children. I think this is great for teacher gifts or just for neighbors.

freshfoodie

Mellie, this seems like a very easy project to try for a beginner like me. I have wanted to try my hand at soap making for some time but I have always been intimidated. I will definitely try this one.

Healthy4us

Mellie, thanks for posting! Just like many I too would love to try to get involved in soap making, but also was not sure just where or how to start. This is the answer! :) I can certainly see all the advantages of knowing just what is in the soap. Has anyone tried Oatmeal in their soap? I understand that is both good for your skin as well as soothing

LoveNature

This is great and so easy! Thank you so much for sharing. This would be a great project to do with kids. Ikea has ice cube trays in cool shapes (stars etc) - I think I may have to pick some up to try this.