How do you know?

You are always hearing or being told that you need to take this supplement or that vitamin because your body needs it. But, just how do you know that they are working for you?

SoftRain

I often wonder the same thing. Presumably you would feel better on the supplement, but generally I do not feel a difference when I have more Vitamin C, for example.

Hyacinth

From June to August, I had runny nose, sore throat and cough three times, so I decided to take Vitamin C pills. Three people in the house are battling with colds right now, and it doesn't include me. I suppose that the Vitamin C is working. :rolleyes:

Primrose

The one sure fire way to tell if something is working is to quit taking it for about a week and see what happens. If symptoms return or energy levels fall then you'll know.

Lyra

Natural remedies take longer to work than OTC drugs. So stopping vitamin C for a week wouldn't tell you if it had been working for you or not. I can tell if something is working for me, if I start taking it to address a specific issue. I took C every day for a few years and I got sick when my family got sick about 5% of the time.

Lucinda

I found that I was highly deficient in Vitamin B and Vitamin D, but it was through a blood test at my doctor's office. I do know that taking the supplements has improved my lab results. The difference in the way I feel is huge.