Homemade nail polish

Lyra

This is an interesting idea. Have you tried it? I would love to have nail polish without so many chemicals, but my friends who have tried the water-based stuff tell me it is not durable at all (of course).

freshfoodie

That is pretty cool, but I guess I don't understand how the clear polish has any fewer chemicals in it? I would still give this a try though because I have a bunch of old eye shadows that I don't use and it would be a good way to repurpose them instead of putting them in the trash.

misumaru15

Well freshfoodie, I suppose the trick is the kind of nail polish the clear is. You need to search around. I haven't been to whole foods in a while. I wonder if they stock a more healthy nail polish.

Parker

Thanks for this link! It's a great way to make colors that are hard to find. I will pass on the glitter though. This is a great use of old eyeshadow or eyeshadow that I mistakenly thought would look great on me.

iampeebs

We have tried this and while the idea is awesome, the quality of our end product stunk. The color chipped very easily and don't even think about washing dishes and thinking this will stay on. While this did not work, I have used natural pigments to make some really cool eye shadows that did hold up all day long.