Homemade Conditioner for hair?

I know you can make shampoo but was wondering if any here has made conditioner? I would be interested in hearing how you did it. :)

DanikaM

I use coconut oil. It does wonders. Also using cool water will help a lot! Hot water drys your skin and hair out a lot. Since I've been doing though two things my hair is so much nicer.

question

I have a ton of raspberries that are going to go bad if I don't do something with them. I was wondering if I could turn them in to shampoo and conditioner somehow.

DanikaM

I think you would have to use the oil from the seeds which would be kinda tricky. Maybe it would be easier to make a pie :)

That Coconut Oil sounds interesting DanikaM, just how do you use it though? Buy pure coconut oil? Dilute it some with water? Or just add a little to the hair and rinse out? Just want to make sure I am using it right. :)

DanikaM

I get Spectrum Coconut Oil and wet down my hair and just rub a small amount in my hands then through my hair. It will still be in your hair after rinsing it out but it shouldn't be oily. If you feel like it is then maybe next time dilute it with some water in a container. I use coconut oil to shave with also. I noticed I get hardly to no cuts and have to shave less often and my legs are really soft.

StingingNettle

Coconut oil for shaving is a good idea. Does it clog the razor? I used to use baby oil on my legs after shaving, and it really made my legs smooth. I bet coconut oil does that, too!

SoftRain

I use apple cider vinegar for my conditioner. It makes my hair really shiny and soft. I'm still experimenting with ratios; so far 1/4 cup of ACV to 1 cup of water is working well.

DanikaM

If I run the razor under the bathtub facet once in a while during, it doesn't seem to get clogged.

I think I might have heard about using the apple cider vinegar. I haven't tried it yet but I certainly will.

I<3Peppermint

I would think natural white vinegar would work too. I use conditioner more for the untangling properties rather than the softness factor. I have very fine hair and it tangles terribly.

SoftRain

Yes, white vinegar works just as well as apple cider vinegar. I have fine, curly hair that also tangles, and the vinegar does a wonderful job detangling it. I was shocked.