Help plz!

AngelFairy

idk what to do! my dog and a friends dog therw up today and it was liquid , greenish with a yellow froth on top, she is doing ok now and so is my friends dog, but it has me worried, shes eating and drinking her food and water so that doesn't have me worried, it is what is thrown out on to the ground out side and the fact that the dog crap and cat crap is NEVER picked up by the owners and the ppl who clean up around the property....... plz my Presley is so dear to me, does anyone know whats up and if i need to rush my dog to the Vet?!

Depsperately worried!

ThymeforRodney

Probably not. Have they been eating grass? Was it a green or bright yellow? Since they are eating it sounds like they will be fine but if she has been eating other animals feces, she may have picked up some worms. If you can, before you send her outdoors, scout the area and pick up as much of the feces as you can find. If people have been letting their animals defecate on your property, you have a right to make a complaint to animal control in most areas. Good luck.

wanderingherb

Ya may be nothing to worry about. Just keep an eye on it. If Presley starts acting not normal, not as active and does it a few more times take him in to have his lungs listened to. Make sure he hasn't contracted some fluid near the lungs. If you are worried about parasites keep an eye on it, and keep Presley updated if it makes you feel better!

Wanderingherb

AngelFairy

well, she was doing ok up until 5 am this morning she got sick again and this time it was food, it looked like the chicken Pedigree that my idiot boyfriend gave her!! she didn't get sick when he gave her the regular one.. i think he's doing her no good <being way to kind and giving in> i am at a totally loss and if i speak up and tell him NOT to give it to her he yells that he knows more then i do and give it to her anyways....... <cries> she's sleeping right now so and is doing ok .......

at a loss at what to do...

DHager

It almost sounds like your Presley has a case of gastroenteritis aka a stomach
ache. Food should be withheld for 24 hours. If no vomiting then food should be reintroduced SLOWLY. Tell your boyfriend if he over feed the dog, the dog will get sick. If your furbaby does not get better or continues to vomit without food being eaten he/she may have pancreatitis and will need vet care. Hope that helps!

AngelFairy

DHager : ty so much for the advice! i will do just that and keep her hydrated and if she doen't get better i know just the Vet to take her too <that means me moving out and leaving the boyfrined> to get her fixed up! she never did this before and all and it worries me!! shes my life and i don't think i could ever live with out her now <my daughter is 18 and doesn't need me as much LOL> so ya no food for 24 thank you!!

to the other helpers! > ty a lot also! you 3 are so great!

DHager

Angel: I completely understand! My Atlas gets sick if we "give in" and overfeed. I hope you baby gets better quick :)

AngelFairy

DHager : it is so hard to look at her sad sad face she can make and not giver her dinner makes me sad inside BUT i know it is for her own good! i have to get on my boyfriend all day and most of tonight NOT to give her anything and to let ME feed her 2mro :) thank you again for the help and kind words!

bright blessings!

UPDATE : Presley is doing Fine now food is staying down now! still watching her close tho!

Heaven Scent

It's horrible when our pets are ill and they can't tell us whats wrong. I know exactly what you mean by the "sad face"

If my dogs being sick but is not off his food, I always find a meal of plain starchy white rice helps.

I'm glad Presley's feeling better :D

Free Sprit

idk what to do! my dog and a friends dog therw up today and it was liquid , greenish with a yellow froth on top, she is doing ok now and so is my friends dog, but it has me worried, shes eating and drinking her food and water so that doesn't have me worried, it is what is thrown out on to the ground out side and the fact that the dog crap and cat crap is NEVER picked up by the owners and the ppl who clean up around the property....... plz my Presley is so dear to me, does anyone know whats up and if i need to rush my dog to the Vet?!

Depsperately worron track