Girls night out

Luvkenny

Yes a girls night out to me is a healthy practice. I think we all need to get out there, unwind, relax and hang with our friends. Do you do this often? Heck even a couple of times a month would be good.

Jessi

I don't do this very often at all. Not even once a month any more. At best, once every several months and it's usually only with one friend. It's still fun to get out and relax, though.

I don't do this often either. I don't really have a lot of girlfriend in real life. All my girlfriends are blog friends who don't necessarily live in the same city as me. I try to go out alone sometimes, though. I don't know if that's just as good but I guess it's better than staring at my four walls.

Beth23

I have a group of girlfriends I get together with about 3 or 4 times a month. We have a great time. I do think its a healthy practice and its important to unwind and enjoy yourself with trusted friends.

We used to go to dinner or have dinner parties over each others houses but we didnt want to have friendships surrounding food and drink. We plan retreats, hike, workout, go to comedy shows and concerts now more then eating out.

shaunche

Going out and enjoying yourself with friends is good for you, so long as you are not binging on alcohol etc. Humans are social animals, we need interaction and contact. Loneliness and isolation will take years off of your life expectancy.

gar

This would be fun if a woman is single but for married, I don't think its a healthy thing to do regularly especially if she has kids.

rayne

There is a group of us that get together at least once a month and either go to dinner or a movie. We have a good time and it's always fun to talk girl talk. Sometimes we go shopping and see who finds the best deals. It is a healthy practice and I always look forward to "girls night out."

This would be fun if a woman is single but for married, I don't think its a healthy thing to do regularly especially if she has kids.
Why wouldn't it be? Having a girls night out doesn't necessarily mean doing irresponsible things. And I don't see why having kids makes it worse. Can't her husband watch them for a few hours while she watches a movie and or has some coffee with friends?

Jessi

Why wouldn't it be? Having a girls night out doesn't necessarily mean doing irresponsible things. And I don't see why having kids makes it worse. Can't her husband watch them for a few hours while she watches a movie and or has some coffee with friends?
Exactly. It doesn't immediately mean something bad. It just means getting together, socializing, and having some time away from the daily grind.

dissn_it

I think everyone needs time with their friends. Men need their time out with their friends, too. I think in healthy relationship, the trust is strong enough to allow for both girl's night out and a guy's night out.

gina121

Same here. Before the kids came along, I had the time to hang out with the girls more often. All my friends are in the same boat now, so we miss those days.

Luvkenny

I don't agree with gar's statement at all. You can have kids and still go out with the girls. You can watch a movie, go shopping, etc.. It is normal! Everyone needs some "me time" and mine is with my girlfriends.

gar

I didn't say its bad. I just mean, you two should go together. If she enjoys life, the man should also enjoy. so both of should go together in one party. If the guy, do it regularly, won't the woman wonder?

Kaybee517

Yes a girls night out to me is a healthy practice. I think we all need to get out there, unwind, relax and hang with our friends. Do you do this often? Heck even a couple of times a month would be good.
I haven't gone out on a girls night out in a long time. I think its always a good idea to take time out away from work, or your s/o and have some girl time and catch up and unwind.