Garlic oil

naturelady

Last week I had that ear infection that was giving me vertigo. One of the remedies I used was rubbing garlic oil behind my ear to help drain the fluid. I kept smelling it all day and it made me hungry. Now I can't stop craving some garlic bread! Going to have to give in and make some, I guess.

wanderingherb

AH try to research Mullein oil.
Also, a study from the Portland University Oregon, I believe it was through the nutrition studies performed, found that the enzyme in garlic, the enzyme making it have active constituents for better health, actually is disintegrated via heat. However, they found that first crushing and waiting five to ten minutes prior to heating, activates the enzyme needed and then withstands the heat! So I always ask, how was this prepared. Its very easy to make your own to ensure the proper process and the best health benefits! Other than that its just flavor, which I love garlic too!!

Gosh I'm sorry it was so long ago and I am trying to find the article for you. Its very interesting. When I find it I will post it. :)

naturelady

Oh, gosh, thank you! I was not aware of the need to wait before heating. Crushing I knew to do, but not waiting. That could be why I feel like the infection is not completely gone. It seems like it is trying to come back. I'd better have a do-over today, and do it right!

Brea

I am so glad I came upon this post, because I am prone to ear infections! I never knew to rub garlic oil behind my ear. I usually heat rice in a sock and lay on it.