Foods That Help to Reduce Pain!

Suzie

I'm all for reducing pain. Sadly, none of those foods sounds especially appeasing to me! I think I'd rather suffer the pain than eat kale.

Esperahol

I'm all for reducing pain. Sadly, none of those foods sounds especially appeasing to me! I think I'd rather suffer the pain than eat kale.
Have you thought of trying it in say Sushi? Or crumbling it and adding it to say a soup or custard? It has a pleasant salty taste that goes well with many things.

shaunche

Inflammation is one of the main causes of disease. Sadly, the modern diet based on grains and processed food causes inflammation, and this is the reason so many in society are sick and obese. Eating foods which reduce inflammation is key for general health and longevity.

Most of these don't sound so bad. The biggest thing would be finding a way to incorporate them into your daily diet. I would think this would be a better way then having to always take pain pills.

dissn_it

Most of these don't sound so bad. The biggest thing would be finding a way to incorporate them into your daily diet. I would think this would be a better way then having to always take pain pills.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I avoid taking pills unless I absolutely have to. I would much rather eat foods to deal with pain. Greek yogurt will be easy for me to add to my diet!

Well, I drink a lot of coffee and I take turmeric so I guess I have a start on these foods, but I'm going to work on adding the others in as well. If I can treat chronic pain with a pain reducing foods, it would be wonderful!

artistry

A supplement that helps to reduce pain, especially if it has to do with your bones or arthritis, would be Alfalfa. It reduces inflammation and thus the pain. Take 500 mg., 2 to 3 times a day. Drink lots of water. When the pain subsides, stop until you need it again. Alfalfa is natural. If you have a heart problem or Lupus, you must not take it.
Also Omega-3 Fish Oil capsules will reduce inflammation, very effectively.

natuska

orange and propolis

For headache I have got something really good. It´s alternative medicine. Good to know that half glass of pure warm orange juice with drops of pure propolis is a holy medicine for the worst headaches. Get it at least 1 week. If it comes with a warm shower, them it helps much more. If the pain comes after some food, pay attention to the ingredients, monossodium glutamate is same like poison for health and there is in the most of fast foods and frozen foods.

Myrrh

As much as possible, I avoid taking pain relievers. I only have it when I can no longer tolerate the pain. I think I might try Greek yogurt or green tea powder the next time I experience chronic pain.

Bex

Lol - kale really is good - I swear! I wasn't too sure about kale either, but I eat it regularly now and love it! Try cooking it like you would spinach, and it will end up resembling and tasting like cooked spinach, so it's easy to add to meals that way. You can also include it in green juices or salads, but one of the best ways for non-kale lovers to eat kale is by making kale chips in your oven or dehydrator. You can even sprinkle with olive oil, sea salt and nutritional yeast to make them taste really, really good.

Bex

Just limiting or cutting out dairy can make a huge difference for many people when it comes to inflammation and pain.

leyash

Turmeric is in mustard. That's easy enough to eat. Canned salmon is not a favorite, I would rather eat fresh salmon. Coconut oil is great for many things, not just helping inflammation. It's also great for heart health. Kale is great! You can blend it up to put in a smoothie. You can also make kale chips, which are like potato chips, but better! Greek yogurt is great blended in with fruits and vegetables for a smoothie. Green tea powder, I've never heard of, but I drink green tea.

I will definitely be trying these... as I have pain almost all the time. :(

marchese

i suffer from endometriosis which is a painful condition in the reproductive system and there are plenty of foods that can help with pain. It`s a good article you have there. Best I found though, is water. A well hydrated body does wonders.

Carolynn

I think kale is awesome, but that is just my opinion. We have been putting it in salads a lot lately. I am not a big fan of seafood, but I would be willing to give the rest of them a try.

Nina

I was watching Dr. Oz this past week. Montel Williams was on there with an elaborate pain-reducing ritual he goes through every day. Montel was told that his MS would put him in a wheel chair by as early as four years ago. He says he's never felt better in his life, and most of it is due to the food regimen he follows.

thatgirl

Kale sauteed in bacon grease and served with chooped bacon is incredible! I'm a big coffee drinker so at least I have that going for me.

What I'm curious about is what foods *cause* inflammation? I've heard that wheat and other grains cause an auto-immune reaction and that it's the cause of gluten sensitivity. Are there any other foods that will send my body out of wack?

leyash

I am going grocery shopping today, and I am going to get some kale. Kale chips are great, as well as using kale in smoothies, or even using a handful in a salad!

sandooch

For some reason, I thought cherry juice would be on this list. I'm always reading how it helps people with inflammation. I have chronic pain on my left side and already eat a lot of Greek yogurt and salmon. I'll try adding some of the other foods/spices and see if those help, too. Thank you for the article.

shaunche

The Indians have known about the medicinal properties of turmeric for hundreds of years. I include turmeric in many of meals, it doesn't have much flavour.

One of the most powerful anti-inflammatories is capsaicin.