Food and bad dreams

Walter

I read that certain food forms gas in your digestion. The gas could affect your nerve and brain cells during your sleep, which in turn triggers bad dreams. So, watch your dinner. :)

Healthy4us

Thank you for the info. Walter. I hadn't made the connection before. By any chance did the article mention which foods to be careful of? I'm kind of curious if it is anything tomato based, as that tends to produce alot of acid for the stomach.

Walter

You are welcome H4U. It's acidic food which usually forms the unwanted gas. And it seems that how some food tastes has a little thing to do with its acidic property. Eggs, meat, fish and deep fried food are considered very acidic, while lemon water is very alkaline.

Dreyfush

I read that certain food forms gas in your digestion. The gas could affect your nerve and brain cells during your sleep, which in turn triggers bad dreams. So, watch your dinner. :)
Interesting, but it makes sense. I notice that I often get bad dreams after getting dinner too late or eating too much. Do you think it's not only what you eat but also how you eat?

naturalmom

Dreyfush I have experienced the same thing so I try not to anything heavy (like a full meal) before I go to bed. Very interesting thread!

Walter

I think so. No matter how healthy the food, it wouldn't good for you if you took it too much or too late at night. That's why I am not really fond of having supper.

chabella

All Lady
Last night I had a crazy dream my ex roomie from years ago was chasing down both my husband and myself in our car, she was running quick like something out of the Terminator movie. Scared the beejee's out of me when I woke at 5AM in a quick pant!!

Walter

Hehe, I am glad for you it was just a dream and didn't happen in your real life. Though, I wonder if you got the dream because of your dinner or you watching Terminator movies too much. :)