Fire cider

naturelady

My friend was telling me about fire cider for treatment for colds and flu. I guess there are a few ways to make it, but she makes it with horseradish and garlic and honey.

Has anyone ever heard of this tonic?

SoftRain

No, I've never heard of it, but I can see how it'd be good since the horseradish would help clear sinuses and the garlic and honey would help clear out any bacteria.

rayne

We keep some hot gingerale on hand all the time for upset stomachs and colds and the like. The ginger has the same effect as the horseradish but not quite as strong.

Hyacinth

I'm not sure I've heard of fire cider but with garlic and honey as the ingredients I think it can be a good remedy for colds and flu. Both garlic and honey have properties that help boost the immune system.

naturelady

I think you guys are right, that those ingredients would be beneficial. My question is, could you drink it? Something about the combination of honey and garlic makes my stomach churn.

wanderingherb

LOL. Yes I have heard of this, never ever have I been able to gag it down. AND oh man, can you imagine all that in your stomach while sick OW. Also there is a combination called panther piss. Molasses, vinegar, and another ingredient can't remember but I think its horse radish.

naturelady

Oh, for the love of pete, no thank you! I think some people can choke down stuff like that, but I cannot. And now I'm thinking of a tonic one of my Facebook friends posted several months ago that had raw onion rings floating in it! I'd forgotten about that one.