Facial Wash

SoftRain

I currently use Cetaphil, which is doing a good job of keeping my adult acne under control, but it contains SLS and parabens, among other things I'd like to avoid. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a more natural cleanser?

wanderingherb

I use the same thing anad really probably shouldn't. However, yes there are alternatives. In fact you should probably get or at least check out the book

SPA Booklet (Salve per Aqua)
A Seminar by Jeanne Rose

A collection of Jeanne's personal SPA information and formulas.

Everything you need to know about skin, salt, water, hydrosols, essential oils, herbs for the skin and body and to make your own products. Have you ever wondered why some women have such wonderful complexions? Would you like to learn how to make your products and to treat skin like a queen? Essential oils have a profound ability to penetrate the skin and can have a very rejuvenating affect. Read this booklet for salt, water, and care and treatment of the skin.

Myrrh

I once visited a dermatologist, and she suggested that I choose a facial wash that is water-based since my skin is the oily type and prone to breakouts. I have tried using Cetaphil before and I think I was quite satisfied with the result. For facial homemade cleansers using natural ingredients, I stumbled upon an article before which recommended combining cold milk and salt then applying the mixture to your skin and rinsing it afterwards.

janayc

I use Clean & Clear for my acne. It doesn't dry my face out and it leaves it feeling really fresh. Not all facial washes work for everyone, but you could try it out to see if it fits you.

Sarah C.

I found this natural and healthy recipe for facewash

Homemade tea tree oil face wash

20 drops of tea tree oil
10 drops of menthol or peppermint oil
cup of aloe juice
cup of castor oil
cup of castile soap (this is what makes it a foaming product)
You can use an empty hand soap bottle for making it. It should turn out to be a great foaming cleanser.

2Nature

Not really an answer to your question, but I discovered that washing my face too often (more than twice a day), even with the mildest soap, caused problems which I had to deal with. A word of advise for some that may not know this.

chabella

All Lady
I have heard of the tea tree oil before but I have never used it. Guess what I am out of this week and you can fully tell by seeing my face, even after the sun that tortured it over the weekend.

clewand550

This is pretty interesting. I was at Target today looking for a natural and safe face cleanser today. I was unable to find anything. It is nice to come home from work and find this thread. Thank you for starting up this thread.

Years before, I had several experiments with a lot of facial cleansers. But now, I already stick to Olay soap because it caused less problems for me. I also do a regular facial and I have a toner that I put on twice a day. I think it's not the Olay soap that solely works on keeping my face clean, but I like its effect. I have been using it for 2 years now.

I love Cetaphil as a makeup remover, though.

I currently use Cetaphil, which is doing a good job of keeping my adult acne under control, but it contains SLS and parabens, among other things I'd like to avoid. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a more natural cleanser?
I suggest that you try on Muji's Facial Scrub or Facial Wash. It helped me cleared my skin and it definitely controls the occurrence of those unwanted zits! I hope this helps.

mademoiselle328

This is a great thread. I'll try the tea tree recipe and see how it works. One product that I could recommend is Olay Regenerist. I've been using it for quite a while and have been satisfied so far. I think you guys should also give it a try.

hunysukle

I have used Burt Bees facial cleanser and it worked really good. However, it smells like bubble gum and after a while I got tired of it. I still use witch hazel as a facial toner, but now I'm looking for an organic facial wash. I'm sure you can find something natural at Whole Foods.

SjNative

Recently, I have been using the St. Ives Apricot wash for sensitive skin and I have been having a good experience with it! It smells great and it feels great on my skin. It isnt too rough and feels very much like a massage when I rub it on my face. It's very easy to find as they carry it in Walmart, Target and many other big chain stores.

amy71219

Right now on my face I have been using the same soap I use for my body. I always bought special face wash but then heard of a lot of people just using soap and it working well. I do use a natural bar soap made out of hemp and it has been working great for my face too.