Facebook?

Maternal

I am not sure if updating status and commenting on other users' status on Facebook is really a healthy practice, but I think it can be used as a kind of stress relief. What do you think?

SuzyQ

Maybe they are relieving stress but I notice a lot of folk write every trivial thing as it happens which is silly. I don't need to know every little thing a person is doing or feeling and people who moan all the time annoy me. I've even seen people holding full scale arguments on Facebook!

wanderingherb

Ya I've been wondering the same thing also. I have one. I check it. Sometimes I post. I do see a lot of interesting topics and then some down right :confused::confused::confused: ones.
and :eek: ones.

Not sure what to think either. Suppose it could go either way.

wanderingherb

Maternal

I have to agree with you. People started using Facebook as their diary, where they write everything, I mean everything, about their life. The worst part is that they let everybody read it.

Natural

I remember one phrase from one of the TV shows I watch. It goes something like this: "People are no longer concerned about their confidentiality, they are more concerned of free speech that they compromise their private lives."

I also have Facebook account but I use it like an email. I don't tell everything that happened to me.

wanderingherb

It is interesting how some folks hit that TMI level. Things I would never say publicly nor nonchalantly to anyone!!!

But then, look at blogs. Blogging was the in thing and boy, people were using them like a private diary. Holy Cow.

I have one, but its for how to deal with life after your husband passes away and we are all different. Its not major personal. Just little bits and pieces of "gee, I have to learn to date all over again and I don't know how my girls survived"

Things I would hope would help others out there who are facing the same issues and how do they deal with it?

But nothing major private.

I was taught if you don't want it repeated don't say it, and its not socially acceptable to hang out your underwear so your neighbor can view them.

wanderingherb

shyness

Reading everyones constant update of Facebook can be annoying. Me personally, I leave quotes of the day. Sometimes I will leave something on my Facebook if I'm excited about something...but no bragging because I hate that.

Nature

Chillin Under SummerLight
i use it to educate others on herbs, and post links to things i find educational or interesting and funny