Extremely Strange Smells

writer811

I started this thread for people who enjoy smells that sound repulsive or are found repulsive by other people. My favorite strange smell is cow and/or camel dung. I don't know why but I love the smell of it and it makes me feel uplifted, awake, energized and a bunch of other descriptions nobody ever uses in day to day life. What's your favorite strange scent?

AnonaMoss

My favorite strange scent is Apple Cidar Vinegar. Everyone around me thinks it's so disgusting, but I love it. It is clean, fresh and just refreshing to my senses. I also like to dilute the ACV and drink it.

SoftRain

I like the smell of sulfur. This is handy since many sprinklers around here use reclaimed water that smells very strongly of sulfur. Most people think it’s gross, though.

writer811

It's odd, I share those preferences with the two of you. I like apple cider vinegar and sulfur (Though I've never had any to drink). Maybe there's something to that on a genetic level? Maybe some people are just hardwired to enjoy different smells?

gina121

Not sure how cow dung smells, but yes, the smell of mud during the first rain appeals to my senses a great deal. I am sure many out there love this smell of mud. One other smell others around me find offensive - but I love - is the smell of fried onion :D

writer811

I don't think that the smell of mud is all that unusual. I've yet to meet a person who didn't like it. Kudos to you on the onion, though. The onion smell doesn't bother me but I don't go out of my way to smell it either.