Expensive cherries

Claudette

We were at a really nice grocery store this weekend and there were cherries bagged up without a price on them. My grandson wanted some, so I let him pick up a small bag. I got home and glanced at the register receipt. We paid almost $20. a pound for those cherries! I absolutely cannot believe it. Guess who learned a $20 lesson! I did!

Aletha

ACK!!!! I would have had a heart attack and died right there in line. Were they organic? A lot of times organic produce is so much more expensive than regular. I usually go with organic for any fruit that you eat the skin on and cherries would be in that category.

BettyKane

I know a lot of produce have gone up lately but that does sound a bit much. I love fresh cherries and most fresh fruit but don't think I would pay a whole lot for it.

Luvkenny

$20 per pound for cherries? That sounds extreme! I always make sure I am paying attention when fresh produce/fruit ring up. You just never know what they are going to cost. I once put a bag of grapes back because they rang up at $7.

Claudette

I have no idea what they were. They didn't even taste all that great, but the boy loved them. I was 50 miles away at home when I looked at the register receipt, so I just chalked it up to stupidity this time. Believe me, I'll check the price next time.

freshfoodie

Wow! Those are some really expensive cherries. I would have to think they would be coated in gold for $20 a pound. I think last time I bought cherries it was $3.99 a pound and I thought THAT was expensive!

Lyra

Yowzers, that is a shocker. Cherries are expensive, and they are off-season right now. And maybe those were organic. But even with all those factors that is way, way too much.