Excessive Body Hair

writer811

I have excessive body hair, I'm covered head to toe in more hair than most men are used to (It kind of makes them sick actually). To put it in perspective, I used to burn easily. Now that I'm hairy, I never burn anything but my nose, ears and foreheads. Even my hands and knuckles are hairy. Shaving isn't good enough and laser hair removal isn't an option. What else can I do? Are there any herbs that slow hair growth to make shaving last longer?

shaunche

I don't think there is a miraculous natural remedy for excessive hair growth, unfortunately. You could try drinking spearmint tea, spearmint tea has anti-androgenic properties and women have had success with it. I don't see why it wouldn't work for men...

chabella

All Lady
Being German & Irish I fully understand where you are coming from. As I get older I am noticing certain areas that were never hairy before at all and its somewhat shocking. I normally Nair only my legs but I am thinking about laser, just not sure what the cost would be.

The problem with your hair growth si that it may well be genetic. In that case there would be little you could do. There are herbs and vitamins that I could recommend to improve hair growth. Biotin for example, but there is litte that would stunt your hair growth. Whilst it may be desired from an aesthetical perspective it would most likely only result as an effect of poor health.

It seems that physical removal is one your only options I'm afraid.

gina121

Turmeric is said to prevent/stunt hair growth. Women in Asia, for example, apply turmeric paste on their legs and arms for hair-free smoothness. I am not sure if taking it orally helps, but topical application is one that I've heard of and read about. Of course, like with all herbal remedies, patience is the key to seeing results.

writer811

Alright, thank you. I'll look into turmeric. I don't know anything about it, could you give me some background info?

gina121

Well, it's a root that is used in cooking in SE Asian cuisine, and has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Applying a paste of it can stain your skin a bright shade of yellow, so you might want to use soap to wash off. Worth a shot, if your hair-growth is bothering you. There are also sprays and lotions that stop hair growth. Just run a google search to find an appropriate product that you're comfortable using everyday.