essential oils bad for you?

chabella

All Lady
I read this crazy study that said almost all essential oils are bad for people when used in excess or even with minimal use. I really do not understand it, I mean I get how it could be just like an over the counter medicine and their your body gets attached to it so it stops the normal use (to fix whatever ails you) but how is it exactly bad?

heytacos

I think someone would only say that for two reasons, the first being they have no idea how to properly use them and the second that they are using too much. I have never seen a bad issue come from using oils but maybe thats just me.

ThymeforRodney

Some you do have to dilute or they will burn you, but if used carefully and with knowledge of how to use them, as heytacos has said, then they are not dangerous at all. You just have to research the use, side effects, and when not to use them before you go off half cocked and do something wrong.

chabella

All Lady
I would think that all of these would come with instructions or at least the user would think about it before pouring anything "straight" on. I guess some people really need an instruction manual taped to their face.

ShelbyM

Yes, the only think I can think of is that they have to be diluted and used properly. But that is anything! Goodness, your oven has to be used properly, too, or you could get hurt. If they aren't complaining about how you can get hurt, they are complaining that something isn't strong enough to actually work.

wanderingherb

Perhaps the person read an article that was written by another article, etc and understanding became jumbled through the information highway. Happens a lot.

The best thing to do is research more before inclining to believe something you don't feel is right and is questionable.

Some e.o. are very dangerous and must only be used by those who know what they are doing. Some e.o.'s cause allergic reactions. Some e.o.'s are not pure and they are dangerous.

Some can be ingested, some cannot.
Some should not be because you do not know if they are cut. Know your supplier.

I have not heard of anyone being "addicted" to e.o. unless "addicted" mean you really like them. :) then you have an expensive addiction, but not a bad one! Protocols of any type, herbal, vitamin, or aromatherapy need to be adjusted. Its not so much that a person became "addicted" and the herbs useless; rather the body is shifting and some modes of complimentary medicines need to be adjusted as well.