Dry eyes

Luvkenny

Is anyone else finding as you get older you lose moisture in your eyes? I don't think the issue I'm having is allergy related as I once did. My eyes are dry and that is making them itchy. What can I do besides throwing water into them? Is this a normal part of aging?

AppleMay

I have this same problem and yes, it can drive you crazy. I was told to get some 'tears' and put a few drops in my eyes. Just follow the instruction. Most anything over the counter that says 'tears' should work . If it is really bad then you might want to go to the eye doctor and get something from him.

blessedbe

Before doing any kind of treatments, it might be a good idea to have your eyes examined just to make sure there isn't any underlying pathology. Dry eyes can be a sign of other issues and you don't want to mask that and end up with more complications or damage to your eyes.

Sage

Are you on the computer a lot? I found that when I am on the computer a lot during the day that my eyes get very dry. I got some of the artificial tears that AppleMay mentioned and that has really helped.

gina121

I agree with the rest. I use artificial tears available OTC at chemists. I keep one in my bag at all times. You can also rinse your eyes every now and then during the day. Taking breaks from any monitor-related work, gazing into infinity (green trees, skies, or the ocean if you are lucky) are great eye-soothers. Placing your palm over your closed eyes for five minutes, for a few times during the day, can also help.

Pat

I agree that you may want to have hour eyes checked there maybe something else going on that you are not aware of. Our eyes are so precious to us we must take care of them. Disease like glaucoma can cause issues with your eyes.

Sugarhill

One thing that has helped me from time to time is simply making a concerted effort to blink. There are times when you don't even realize that you are trying to keep your eyes open, outside of the normal blinking, that you don't start giving them a break by consecutive blinking until they start to water or their own or irritate you.