Dreading the holidays

Lilly

This is the first time in my life I can ever really remember dreading the holidays. With all that has changed for us in the past few months, and the loss of some very special people this year I just know that it won't be the same.

Sage

I always dread the holidays, but this season is really going to be tough because it is the first year without my Dad. We always had a bunch of traditions we followed and I know I will be thinking about him a lot.

freshfoodie

It won't be the same to be sure, but it can still be great. The people you have lost will always be with you and you can honor their memories by continuing the traditions you had with them. I know that the first few holiday seasons after we lost my gram were really tough and this year we lost my aunt so it will be hard as well.

Aletha

It's harder when you lose someone, but have you thought about changing your traditions a bit. If you do something that is different than you usually do, it may help you establish a happy holiday season. I know about dreading the holidays and did for many years until I started changing up some things.

SoftRain

Keep the traditions that make you feel good about those who've passed, and add some new ones to remind yourself that life goes on. I hope the holiday season is happier for you than you are anticipating.