Dizziness

naturelady

I have been having the most intense spurts of dizziness off and on since Friday. Every time I get up from lying down, or move my head too fast I get very dizzy. I've even stumbled and nearly fallen a few times.

I have been having a bit of chest congestion. I wonder if maybe I have some congestion in my ears, messing with my balance. I hope it clears up soon!

naturelady

Yes, it was definitely congestion causing the vertigo. I woke up this morning with an ear ache, a sore throat and nasal congestion. I'm sort of glad. At least this I know how to treat! Just vertigo...who knows what to do about that?

SoftRain

Oh I can sympathize; I really hate getting dizzy from congestion, and like you, don't really know how to treat it other than trying to get rid of the congestion. I hope you feel better soon!

artistry

If it happens again, I would try boiling some water and putting some Vicks Vapor Rub in the water, cover your head with a towel, and breathe the hot water. Do it a few times during the day and before you go to bed.

When I get really congested, I put a vaporizer in the room with Vicks in it. I also rub the Vicks on my chest when I go to bed at night. I get a good nights sleep and the congestion is not so bad in the mornings. Make sure you stay plenty hydrated, especially when you are sick.

hunysukle

It's normal to get kind of dizzy when you stand up after sitting down for a long time. However, the dizziness may be caused by your inner ear. You mentioned you have congestion, and I believe that could be related to your inner ear. You may want to go to a medical professional if the dizziness doesn't clear up when the congestion does.

Sugarhill

When I get really congested, I put a vaporizer in the room with Vicks in it. I also rub the Vicks on my chest when I go to bed at night. I get a good nights sleep and the congestion is not so bad in the mornings. Make sure you stay plenty hydrated, especially when you are sick.

You can also put a hot washcloth on your chest after you rub the Vicks on. It's like a double dipper for both the chest and the nose.

mecallatress

That has happened to me on many occasions. I felt it was just mr jumping up too fast and from being dehydrated. I do not really know the cause of it, but pausing and waiting for a second usually helps me.

Ja'cobeC

Do you drink water everyday and throughout the day? It could just your body telling you it's dehydrated or something. I had this problem awhile back and the doctor told me I wasn't drinking enought water.

dissn_it

I would drink plenty of hot liquids and get lots of rest. I would also use the Vicks to help clear up congestion. You can also use pure eucalyptus oil just like Vicks, in a facial steam, warm wash cloth or even just a dab under the nostrils to help you sleep better.