DIM?

Hi all I'm new here...very interested in herbal/natural health. Anywho I have endometriosis and have been researching DIM or diindolylmethane...a compound found in cruciferous vegetables. I've read that it blocks estrogen and also that it "may" act as an estrogen. Anyone have any experience with this or other treatment that works?
Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk

gina121

I am not familiar with DIM, but am aware of endometriosis and what causes it. A quick search on google tells me that DIM is used to raise testosterone and block estrogen. Since the hormone, estrogen, has a direct effect on the endrometrial lining, I would assume that DIM could work in curbing endometriosis. However, there are also other herbs like milk thistle, burdock and yarrow that are said to help the liver metabolize the excess hormones.

aphil

I used a DIM product a few years back when I was fighting fibroid tumors. It was helpful, but I also needed to include natural progesterone. It is important to know exactly what your hormone levels are so you can balance them. The DIM can block the estrogen from being excessive, but if you are lacking progesterone, you will still have issues. You have to check your testosterone level because if DIM raises it, you want to make sure that doesn't take you over the top and cause other problems.

Ugggh lol playing the hormone game makes me dizzy thanks for the tips...did you visit a normal physician to have your hormones tested or a gynecologist?

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk