Detergent pods

rosie

I got a really good coupon for Tide pods in the mail but I'm afraid to try them. Has anyone here tried the pods? It just seems like so much could go wrong-not bursting, lumping on clothes, that I'm afraid to try.

AnonaMoss

I have never tried them myself, but i'm sure they have been well tested. I believe in a commercial another company said the average load of clothes contains 200 dollars. They know the value of their customer's laundry. If you are really worried, you could try washing something like your towels or athletic gear first just to test it out. Though, i'm willing to bet you won't have any problems. Good luck.

misumaru15

Usually the Tide brand works quite well. I have used something similar. I like them but I'm cutting down my budget so can't spring for them unless it's super duper cheap. I agree with running a trial load.

sandooch

I got a couple of samples of them in the mail. They work just as well as the original liquid Tide (plus, they're fun to squish :p). But unless they went on sale and I had a really good coupon for it, I would not buy it. I priced them at my Ralph's store and a 77 count was almost $20. I buy the Tide liquid 64 load bottle when it goes on sale and I have a coupon for it for around $4.99. It's a better savings.

ohiotom76

I bought them, the Tide ones I believe, but when I got home and read they package I noticed they were just stain booster packets - not detergent. Anyhow I used them on some dark clothes along with my regular detergent and it kind of made a mess of the clothes - requiring me to wash them again. It left streaks of white residue all over my clothes. At first I was worried that it was permanent, but thankfully the second wash cleared it up. Never used them again.

Sugarhill

Ohiotom, I think you may have gotten something a little different from the actual pods.

OP, the new pods are very good. I bought them for my mother months ago and she's not going to use anything else. It helps that she is older and that they are easier for her to deal with as far as weight, though. They will burst open as I believe the packet actually dissolves in the water. They won't lump up on your clothes as it's a liquid, so it will disperse.

Try to find a sample if you are that concerned about them. Plenty of companies are sending them out.

rosie

Thanks everyone. Ohiotom-maybe it was using two different forms at the same time that messed things up. I'll try to find some free samples but it sounds like it'd be too expensive in the long run.

Nina

I don't see the need for them. Also, when I have used similar pods in my dishwasher, the residue and remaining parts of the plastic sac were still in the dispenser of my dishwasher. I don't want the same thing happening to my new Bosch washer, which calls for very little detergent.

artistry

Yes, I would think the pods would have an added cost, just for the enclosure, which makes them more expensive. What would the exterior of the pods do for the clothes. I would just buy the detergent and be done. Unless you just want the excitememt of squishing them. "o)

Sugarhill

Well, one benefit to them is the lack of weight for older people as I mentioned earlier, but also, you can truly measure out how much you are using. I know the lids have lines, but when you're pouring that out, you don't get all of the detergent out of those bottles, so with each one, you are wasting some of the detergent in my opinion.

Well, one benefit to them is the lack of weight for older people as I mentioned earlier, but also, you can truly measure out how much you are using. I know the lids have lines, but when you're pouring that out, you don't get all of the detergent out of those bottles, so with each one, you are wasting some of the detergent in my opinion.
Also you don't have to worry about breathing in laundry dust

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk

jovan107

My sister bought Tide detergent pods a few weeks ago from Costco and she hates it. Her major complain was she had to use at least 6-8 pods each wash to make sure her clothes were clean and its a little expensive. I have not tried them and normally I mostly purchase generic brand detergents.

I tried them and they are way better than liquid or powder detergent. I was skeptical at first but you just pop them in and they come out smelling so good and so much cleaner than I had expected. Two thumbs up!