Daily Sunshine Dose

SoftRain

How much sunshine do you get a day? Do you purposely make time to go outside and soak up a little vitamin D, or is it incidental as you go about your business?

Valerienne

I don't. I actually feel less energized and more unhappy when it's sunny, so I'm probably not in the good sample group here.

Just wondering: does soaking up the sun from behind a window also stimulate vitamin D production?

Luvkenny

Wow, I love the sunshine. On the days that we have none (recently) I feel sluggish! I think soaking the sunshine up through the window works too. I try to get out often when it's sunny out.

SuzyQ

I have read that it's UVB rays that produce vitamin D and they won't travel through a glass window. It's also doubtful whether you'd get enough if it was cloudy, even if you were outside. Oily fish gives you some, but I take a D supplement during the Winter.

AppleMay

I like getting my vitamin D through sunshine. From what I have heard, you only need to get out in it three to four time a week for about ten to fifteen minutes in the middle of the day. Your body is suppose to store it up and use it when it is needed.

nutti

I don't get enough each day. I love the sun! It makes me feel alive, happy and full of energy. I don't think sitting in a window catching rays is the same as being outdoors.