Cracked feet

Thyme

People keep telling me that using petroleum jelly will help heal my cracked feet. However, it hasn't worked. Is there any other remedies for cracked feet? I have tried everything under the sun, and they still get so dry they sometimes bleed.

Sasha

Have you tried the petroleum jelly and wrapping your feet with plastic wrap? It always works for me. It has something to do with the feet sweating. I think.

soursop

When you put on petroleum jelly you should wrap your feet in socks or something to keep it in place. You should also refrain from wearing rubber slippers or anything that would heat up your feet.

natural1

My heels and big toes always get dry and cracked. I soak my feet in warm soapy water. Then I use a pumice stone to remove the dry skin. It works pretty good. I also use lotion after I am done. I use Olay body lotion.

Jasmyne

If I don't sand off the dry skin and calluses, no amount of petroleum jelly is going to help my feet. A pumice stone, even 120-grit sandpaper, and I go after the whitish dried skin on my feet. If you can't feel the bite of the pumice or sandpaper, you're sanding off callus.

Once you've sanded things smooth, yep, petroleum jelly or a favorite lotion, and go to bed with socks on.

And that's another thing: going barefoot (including at home) is one of the biggest contributors to the problem.

Irish Moss

I use creamy petroleum jelly with vitamin E after the pumice stone rub and any lotion with shea or cocoa butter is good since they are so rich in moisture. And yes, socks to bed always, never barefoot, and proper fitting shoes since bad fit can lead to most callouses becoming majorly worse.