Commercial Candles

lettuce

One disappointment that I've found with buying commercial candles is that many of them don't actually smell like what they claim when lit. Do you find that making your own candles aides in this?

hunysukle

I have also noticed that inexpensive commercial candles lose their fragrance quickly when they burn. Some of the more expensive commercial candles, such as Yankee candles, have a stronger fragrance when they burn and they do smell like what they claim to. I do think that making your own candles can help this because you are in control what fragrance you add and how much fragrance.

magickat

I have also noticed that inexpensive commercial candles lose their fragrance quickly when they burn. Some of the more expensive commercial candles, such as Yankee candles, have a stronger fragrance when they burn and they do smell like what they claim to. I do think that making your own candles can help this because you are in control what fragrance you add and how much fragrance.
I agree Yankee Candles do hold their scent and are a lot better than a lot of cheaper versions, I guess you get what you pay for. I would love to make my own candles though as often i cannot find my ideal fragrance.

dissn_it

I have pretty much given up on scented candles because you cannot ever smell the scent or it is very faint. I will have to try the Yankee Candles. I don't think I have ever tried one before.