Cold sores

livingreen2012

Is there anything that will help heal cold sores naturally? My son has impetigo and I have a cold sore on my lip. I've been putting chap stick and coconut oil on our lips to help with the cracking. My sons top lip is very bad, it is cracking and bleeding and he says it hurts. My lip is cracking or anything, it just hurts really bad.

Suzie

Maybe try a green tea bagged, warmed? Also be sure to wash the sore with warm water and soap. Remove any crusts that form immediately.

livingreen2012

Maybe try a green tea bagged, warmed? Also be sure to wash the sore with warm water and soap. Remove any crusts that form immediately.
Thank you. At the moment though I do not have any green tea bags. It seems like the coconut oil is working. The places is crusting up.

btatro

Coconut oil- I seem to be reading about the natural benefits all over. Not to mention the craze over coconut water. Definitely something I will be looking into more!

shaunche

There was a recent study conducted in Germany which concluded lemon balm will reduce cold sore blisters in 5 days. Another natural remedy you could try is a mushroom known as reishi - preliminary studies suggest it can reduce cold sores.

livingreen2012

There was a recent study conducted in Germany which concluded lemon balm will reduce cold sore blisters in 5 days. Another natural remedy you could try is a mushroom known as reishi - preliminary studies suggest it can reduce cold sores.
Where can lemon balm be bought at? And I have never heard of that kind of mushroom before.

Irma

If you have any Vitamin E capsules, cut one open and rub the contents into the sore and onto your lips. I tried this once out of desperation when I was out of Blistex and it worked like a charm.

Hickorycottage

Cold sores can be caused by a diet deficient of vitamins and minerals, and have been linked to too much acid in the body. For instance, if I drink too much orange juice or tomato juice, I get fever blisters, and yeast infections also.

Irma

From what I understand they are caused by the herpes simplex virus. Once the virus enters your system, it's there for life. Stess of one sort or another often causes the virus to express itself.

kat74

My daughters lips cracks if there is change of weather especially during summer. I always buy her olive oil and it seems to work all the time. My be you can try it and see if it will work.