Coconut oil

Lyra

I recently bought some coconut oil to make a few homemade products. I've been hearing about how coconut oil has a whole host of uses. What do you use coconut oil for?

Sugarhill

Currently, I only use it for my hair, but I am thinking about starting to use it for cooking. But, even if I don't, the benefits that I've received with my hair is more than enough.

misumaru15

It's great for skin. It melts into the skin so well and so quickly. It is great for hair treatments. It is great to cook with too.

Pushhyarag2000

In our part of the planet, coconut oil has extensive usage. Though its use for cooking is more predominant in one state in the south west of India and a few places in the adjoining state. It's a great grandma's recipe for healthy hair and used widely in almost all parts of the country. It's applied to soften the skin texture before bathing. It is even used as a lubricant in fixing certain components at home.

Kaybee517

I recently bought some coconut oil to make a few homemade products. I've been hearing about how coconut oil has a whole host of uses. What do you use coconut oil for?
I actually use some coconut oil mixed with other oils in my hair. Coconut oil helps seal in the moisture and puts shine in my hair. That's the only use I know with respects to coconut oil but I'm sure there is more.

Beth23

I cook with coconut oil. Its one of the best oils to use because it passes right through the system. I saw a demonstration on the Dr Oz show that showed the difference between oils and what they do to the blood.

It also has a lot of other health benefits.

It adds a nice mild flavor to chicken and fish. I really don't use it with beef. For beef I use Palm oil.

Beth

FirstBaby2011

I love using coconut oil as a moisturizer. It keeps my skin soft and it smells great. When my toddler sits still long enough, I give her a quick massage with it as well. She seems to really enjoy it! I also cook with it on occasion. It really complements my baking products. Lastly, I make my own toothpaste by mixing a tablespoon or two of oil with about a half cup of baking soda. It's an acquired taste, but it leaves my teeth feeling quite clean.

iluvmario

I use coconut oil mainly for my skin and hair. After each shower I apply lotion then coconut oil over the lotion. I moisturize my hair each day then seal the moisture in with coconut oil. I also cook with it.

bettyblue

I love to use coconut in my kitchen and my husband loves it too! It's great of course for any Indian spiced food as it blends well with curry and garam masala, but I also use it in my more ordinary recipes. For instance for chicken stripes marinated overnight. I fried them in medium temperature for not too long and they have the most heavenly, buttery taste. The taste of coconut is lost completely.

gina121

Coconut oil has a multitude of uses. It's an effective moisturizer and can be safely used on baby skin and eczema. It is also great in cooking, and for nourishing the hair.

sandooch

I love coconut out! I use it to cook and bake. I also use it as a natural deoderant (you'd think it would leave an oily film on yor clothes, but it doesn't). I also use it to heal bug bites and to keep mosquitos from biting.