Chiropractor

Pinkle

Has anyone here ever been to a chiropractor? I've been having some back problems lately and I think I may need to see one. Exactly what do they do to alleviate back pain?

Sage

I have not been to one, but it has been recommended that I try one for migraine relief. I know they put you on a table and make "adjustments" by stretching and pulling on different parts of your body. Beyond that --- I have no clue.

Primrose

Chiopractors are wonderful. If you are having migranes, back pain or any other kind of pain, a chiopractor should be your first stop. They align your spine so that your body will operate the way it's supposed to. Do give it a try.

Lyra

They are good for the relief of so many ailments. The main thing they do is pop your back. If part of your spine is a bit locked up, it causes your muscles to have to compensate for your body being out of it's natural alignment, and that can cause all sorts of problems. Think about how your tires wear unevenly if your car is out of alignment.

Pinkle

Do any of you guys know about how much they charge, on average, if insurance coverage isn't involved? I've also heard about certain people that have to see a chiropractor on a regular basis, as opposed to just "once in a while" - are results usually only temporary?

Lyra

Some chiropractors give a cash discount. It usually runs about $150-200 for the initial visit, but then I've paid in the neighborhood of $30-50 for subsequent visits.

Yes, there are some issues that need some regular work for a while, but not forever. It depends on the problem. There are some problems you have to see a regular doctor for regularly. The difference, to me, is that the regular doctor can rarely fix a problem. He can usually only treat the symptoms. The chiro can actually help fix a lot of problems.

Primrose

My insurance covers visits to the chiopractor. All I have to pay is the "co-pay" which usually runs around $40.00. I'm not sure about the initial visit cost. Lyra's $150-200 sounds about right.