Candles to use as gifts

Irma

I am going to try my hand at making some candles to use as gifts for Christmas this year. I have been wanting to try this for some time, so this weekend will be my chance.

Cassia

I have given candles as gifts for Christmas and other special days, but they were store-bought ones. I think making candles on your own and giving them as gifts has a very personal touch, and for sure, the people will appreciate it!

NeedToLearnMore

I know I would love to get candles as a gift, especially if they were handmade and had a nice smelling scent to them. Good luck in your candle making.

Cathy

Valentine's Day is the perfect occasion to hand out homemade candles. I used a lot of leftover Christmas candles I melted down to make small gifts to hand out next week. I'm giving chocolate hearts and small candles for the bath.

SoftRain

Candles make great personal gifts. I've given people candles for Christmas before. The recipients always appreciated it, and never mentioned any of the tiny flaws! :)

Myrrh

I have both given and received candles as gifts for Christmas, but I just got them from the stores. I'm sure handmade candles make a better present because they're the outcome of your personal effort!

I have been making homemade candles for myself for quite some time, but I have never given them as gifts. I should try that next year for Christmas.

Candles sound like they would be a great item to give as a gift! I know I would like to try this, but have never really learned how to make these. I guess I will have to study the forum for a video on this or head over to YouTube, because I cannot read and learn at all, has to be visual for me.

lettuce

I don't think candles are a very imaginative gift. I think they'd have to be really special or unique for the average recipient to perceive them as thoughtful.

Suzie

I think anything handmade is a great and thoughtful gift. I once decorated a candle holder and a candle for my grandmother. She was very happy.

xtina3907

I tried my hand at candle making last night. I decided that I was going to make my mom a candle for Mother's Day. The candle turned out great. There is a few things I will do differently next time around. I think they turned out good for the first time though.

jason

Have a great day
I've done candles as gifts before. I may again this year. If we can can enough to give some away at Christmas, I may make some candles to go along with the other stuff. I really wish my blueberry plants were big enough to make jam and wine out of.

Lena51

I have never tried making candles but I think this is a good idea for presents to give for any holiday season. Especially, the big holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. But not only that, you can give them as house warming, baby shower, and wedding gifts as well. There are so many great scents that will have your home smelling so delicious all year long.