Calcium

CeeCee

I take calcium everyday for bone health, but I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to be taking. Does anyone know what the recommended amount is for a woman in her 30s?

boobah

I think it is 500MG with vitamin D. If you do not take vitamin D with it or one that has vitamin D in it then you aren't going to be able to use all the calcium.

sammie

Is it a good idea to stock up on vitD if you are one that tends to have bone issues that have yet to be diagnosed by a "proper doctor"? I know I will have issues, I tend to crack certain joints. :(

CeeCee

Well, yea, you need the D. The vitamin D helps your body absorb the calcium. Some calcium supplements have D in them, but some don't.

Boobah - Thanks for letting me know about the milligrams :) 500 is what I've been taking, but I wasn't sure if it was enough.

Lilandra

Is a 'D' supplement necessary if for instance, you take daily walks in the sunshine?

Or another question, can you ingest too much vitamin 'D'?

Clover

That's a good question for all vitamins, not just calcium and vitamin D. I believe I heard that as with all minerals and vitamins, your body throws off what it cannot absorb. A doctor once wrote a book about Very Expensive Urine.