Body Acne

Myrrh

What are the best ways to deal with body acne? I have pimples on my chest and back, and they leave dark spots that look unsightly. I practice good hygiene, and I shower everyday, so I wonder what I am doing wrong that causes zits to appear on these areas of my body. :confused:

SoftRain

If your hygiene is good, you could look at your diet I suppose, but I would guess that hormones are the most likely culprit. I always break out much more when my hormones are in flux.

aunaturel

Research indicates that body acne has a genetic component, so it's likely not anything you are doing wrong. Two things you can try other than showering frequently is to wear natural fibers, particularly cotton, and to avoid using anything on your clothes that might leave irritating residue (fabric softener, etc.).

chabella

All Lady
I found out I was allergic to a fabric softener because of this. it was the first time I have ever managed to break out from something before but this was the first thing I caught when it happened. No one else in the family had an issue but me either. I changed brands to a mild one and everything went back to normal.