Birth control pill news

fit2be

I see that we are not alone – I was worried when I let my daughter go on birth control (for period reasons). I read an article that said 1 out of every 3 teens that are on the birth control pill are on it for reasons other than contraception. It seems like doctors are using the pill for many other reasons.

Gracie

That does not surprise me at all. I know that birth control helps with acne problems. It also helps with cramps and PMS. I went on the pill pretty young to try to control my periods.

heytacos

Yes they are and honestly I would rather them come up with a better medicine than birth control, it looks bad. How many people here have gotten stares when trying to explain this to a friend or family member?

rayne

Do not be so nieve to think that you shouldn't put your teenage daughter on birth control. In today's society, I would do it in a heartbeat. Not to give her the go ahead for sexual relations but just to be on the safe side. That is of course, unless you have a chasity belt. Look around at the messages they are getting from TV, Magazinesa nd the internet.

MountainGirl

Yes they are and honestly I would rather them come up with a better medicine than birth control, it looks bad. How many people here have gotten stares when trying to explain this to a friend or family member?
Why would people be telling friends and family that she is on birth control though? I think that any medication for a teenager or adult is private business. You shouldn't be worried what others will think in providing care for your teenager. I think birth control is great for teenage girls. It provides the benefits of preventing pregnancy and it helps to keep a regular menstrual cycle.