Best Laundry Detergent?

AppleMay

Do you have a favorite laundry detergent that you like to use? Or maybe you make up your own? I'm always trying different ones and haven't really settled on a favorite.

Lyra

I was using a homemade detergent until I found out that one of my littles is allergic to Borax. There are some recipes out there without Borax that I intend to try, but haven't gotten around to yet. Meanwhile, my favorite commercial brand is All Free and Clear, in the small bottle. It works great and is not as expensive as some, while also leaving out fragrances that can irritate.

Sugarhill

I've always used Tide. In particular, the Mountain Spring scent. I just think that it cleans clothing better than other detergents and I usually get them on sale, so it's always a great price and buy for me.

Jessi

I like Purex free & clear or whatever it's called. It's the clear one without fragrances or dyes. I don't like using the blue stuff and encountered some allergies, so that was the first commercial one I found years ago that wasn't a baby detergent. Now there are others (like Tide and All), but I haven't really tried them much.

rosie

I had always used Tide but I started using Arm and Hammer because it's a lot cheaper. I wash my whites in bleach though so it probably doesn't make much difference what I use.

AnonaMoss

I really love 7th Generation's detergent. I find that it gets my clothes just as clean as a leading brand, and it's an added bonus that it doesn't have dyes added to it. I have really sensitive skin.

beckyv1265

I had to use All free and clear with some of my kids as well. Thankfully we can make our own now . Nobody with borax allergies left at home. I do like to add some gain to mine for the scents. lol I know its cheating but I add a small bottle to my 5 gallon bucket. It makes the laundry smell delicious.

leyash

I really prefer Tide, the lavender smell. It's absolutely amazing, and I really love the way that it makes the entire house smell fantastic.

Sugarhill

I don't think I've ever seen the lavender smell. Is that for HE machines? Or is it the regular Tide?

Sugarhill

The purple lid? I think that is mainly for the HE machines or either has Febreeze in it. It's been a while since I've looked at all of the Tides in a store, so I forget the categories. I'll check it out.

Cassia

I usually use Tide. I grew up with my mother using this brand, so I kind of got the habit of using Tide. It's good anyway. Sometimes, I use Arm and Hammer or Purex though. They are cheaper than Tide.

artistry

I like Tide as well. There is one with Frebreze added to it, which has a great scent. I have used Tide for a long time.

I really wish that we could make our own, but I have tried a few different recipes without success. My favorite is the Arm and Hammer laundry detergent. I always get the free and clear because I am allergic to perfumes and dyes. It is awesome and I don't think I would switch detergents.

Go ahead and think I'm crazy if you like, but I quit using laundry detergent a few years ago. One day I ran out and didn't feel like running out to get more so I ran some clothes without any soap. Just hot water and they turned out fine. It's the agitation of the machine the does most of the work.

Sugarhill

Go ahead and think I'm crazy if you like, but I quit using laundry detergent a few years ago. One day I ran out and didn't feel like running out to get more so I ran some clothes without any soap. Just hot water and they turned out fine. It's the agitation of the machine the does most of the work.
:eek: So, what you're saying is that you have hot water agitated underwear that you wear on a regular basis? And your towels and washcloths are also hot water agitated? Okay.

Sage

I like Wisk and Arm and Hammer laundry detergent. I usually get whichever one I have a coupon for or whichever one is on sale.

Luvkenny

My favorite is Tide with Febreeze! I love the smell! I also use Downy with Febreeze. It's the Febreeze that I love. I do think Tide cleans the best too.

Parker

I discovered LA Awesome laundry detergent and non-chlorine booster at the Dollar Store. It works better than Tide and it only cost $1.

Lena51

I like the laundry detergents that the 99 cents only stores sell and it gets your clothes nice and clean and fresh. It works for sure and you don't have to pay all that money for your clothes to get squiky clean. No one can do better than that and it only cost me $1, how about that? They also have Woolite for your needs also. Great place to shop for sure.