Being fully conscious

Dreyfush

That is what I am learning now. I am trying to always fully present in every situation, completely aware of myself, the place and the time I am in, and what I am doing.

glider

I should say that you are a genius. Being fully aware and conscious from moment to moment is one of the greatest gifts of God. Because, either we live in the past or in the future but never in the present. When you say that you are fully conscious, I congratulate you for that. Very few can live in the present. Keep it up.

sammie

Do you meditate a great deal or are you going about this in a different way? I guess I just do not get it, slightly confused on how you are fully conscious when doing so.

blueaura

I am trying to be fully aware of things going on. I think it's important to live in the present moment. Meditation is an important part of this. I just haven't been able to stay focused... I try to focus when I can. I find it hard not to think of the future...

Dreyfush

Don't get me wrong guys, I haven't reached the stage where I could always be fully conscious. No, I am still far from that. I am just LEARNING it, and I think it will be a long life process.

Saffron

I know that I am probably not phrasing this as clearly as I really want to, but who/what is guiding you through this LEARNING process...in order to help you achieve this 'being fully conscious' state of being.

Is this a level that you could reach through practicing yoga or reiki or something else?

wonderfuls

It always sounds easier than it really is. Lately too many people are getting too used to the idea that caffeine is their wake up medicine and it ends up doing more harm than good.

biggy

Artificial way of keeping conscious is not advisable. Natural way is a better way to remain conscious. Some consume energy drinks to remain conscious while driving a car or so. But, it has its own disadvantages. Always take natural herbs to enjoy the maximum benefits.

glider

I tried to remain aware in the present but some how I could not manage it. Should I do some meditation or any other exercise to achieve that kind of state? May be, one of you should help me out.

Dreyfush

I believe doing meditation will help you to remain aware of yourself and what you are doing. Have you ever read a book titled "The Power of Now"? It's a great book about living in the present.