Bags under your eyes.

writer811

I don't know if you know this but the reason it looks like you were punched is because they are actual bruises. When you get tired, blood vessels burst near your eyes. The more tired you are, the more they burst. A few weeks of really good sleep should get rid of them.

Meow

Does anyone know how cucumber reduces dark circles and eye bags? My Mum has been using cucumbers on her eyes for as long as I can remember, she is 61 and she doesn't have any dark circles, maybe the cucumbers are the reason...
Moisture I'd assume. That or cucumbers have some mineral in them that prevents it, bit I can't imagine what it would be.

aphil

Whenever I get bags under my eyes, it is the result of either low iron in my blood or lack of sleep. I don't think any cream can help. A quick blood test would let you know your iron level. Raisins and beets are high in iron.
You may be able to make sure and get to bed at a certain hour to catch up on some needed rest. Rest and sleep work wonders and it is worth making the special effort. Rest can also alleviate stress, if you are experiencing it.

shaunche

Moisture I'd assume. That or cucumbers have some mineral in them that prevents it, bit I can't imagine what it would be.
Yeah, I did a little research and I couldn't find any conclusive evidence. Some say the water in the cucumber hydrates the area, others say the cooler temperature of the cucumber is good for the eyes, others say it can be harmful because of bacteria on the cucumber.

Waynefire

I usually let mine be. I figure they can speak volumes about how my day is going and even what I want to be doing. Then people tend to leave me alone when I have a lot of the bags under my eyes.