Aroma for Nausea?

Aletha

I have had a sinus infection now for a couple of weeks. While it is getting better, I am still having some nausea while I'm still getting it over with. I've been doing sinus washes with a Neti pot but I have a horrible odor in my nose that is making me nauseous. Is there something I can use to help to get rid of this odor while I'm waiting for it to end?

SoftRain

Is that a normal occurrence with a neti pot? I've never heard of that happening before. If I were you, I'd consider stopping the neti pot usage and consult a doctor.

Aletha

I don't think it's from the neti pot. I really think it's from the sinus infection. I guess I'm going to have to give up and go to the doctor. I hate to but I've tried everything I know to do.

Cassia

I think peppermint is one of the herbs usually recommended for nausea and vomiting. Put a few drops of peppermint on a tissue or a handkerchief and hold it to your nose.

SoftRain

Yes, inhaling peppermint will help with the nausea. I was just more concerned with the cause of the odor. I hope you feel better soon.