are you glad you got your tubes tied or do you regret it?

leyash

I have not gotten my tubes tied, because I think I would regret it. I probably won't ever get it done.

Monique Seibel

This is a very interesting question! I look forward to reading more responses. But I personally would like to get it done, because I know I do not want children. However, since I'm only 23, I know people do not encourage this because they are concerned I may change my mind down the road. Since I struggle with mental health issues, I cannot stomach the idea of ever passing that on to another human being and I also don't think the lifestyle I want to have is also the best environment to raise a child. So I'm very much interested in getting my tubes tied in the future.

I wanted to get my tubes tied when I was younger, but like Monique, I was denied by every doctor because of my youth. I probably wouldn't regret it if I were able to get it done, but people older than I am assume that I would. But it's okay, because I'm on IUD now, and it has a similar effect except that I'll have to keep getting one reinserted every five years... but I can live with that.

Jessi

I haven't personally had it done, nor do I have any desire any time soon.

For the people who I DO know that had it done, though, I've never heard anyone regret it. They did it after they already had kids, though, and were sure they were done. I don't recommend having it done while you're still really young either.

gina121

Had it done after my second child was born. No regrets at all, except for the little scar it left where a puncture was made for the laprascope to enter.

Parker

I wanted to get my tubes tied when I was younger. My doctor also refused to do until I turned 30 years old. She said that if I still wanted it done then she would do it. I moved away before my 30th birthday and never got it done. I really didn't need it because I was very careful and never got pregnant.

I am too young to have my tubes tied however, I do not think that I ever will for the reason because I do not ever want to regret it. Getting your tubes tied is a permanent thing and I would hate to regret it in the future after it is down. I have many friends with one kid and at the age of 25 have their tubes tied. This is unbelievable to me. I think it is just too young. I think all doctors should have the same rule and not do it before the age of 30.

Beth23

I'm thinking of getting it done. I have to check with my insurance first. I have 2 kids and thats all we want. We had a scare a few months back. It was so stressful. I know people have kids in their 40's but I just wouldnt be able to handle it and I am not against the right to choose but abortion for me is out of the question.

I do worry about the side effects from it. Some of my girlfriends have had it done and the biggest complaint is bloating and more discomfort then usual.

Carolynn

I have thought about it, but I think I might regret it. If I have another child I will definitely get my tubes tied after that because I don't think we could financially support more than three kids.

Melissast

I'm planning on getting my tubes tied after I have my child in november. I will have two children then, and thats probbaly all I can afford. I didn't want my other child to be an only child though so I wanted to wait until we have another child. My husband dosen't seem to think getting them tied is permant. There was another option that was supposed to be better then getting your tubes tied, but he was against it because he said if all the children died in some accident or something I might want to have another one.

anniep1978

I do not have my tubes tied nor would I ever get them tied. There are other forms of birth control that are less invasive and easily reversible if you change your mind such as iud's.

All three of my sister in laws had their tubes tied and then regretted it later on.