Anyone going through menopause?

sandooch

I'll be 50 in a couple of months and have been experiencing perimenopause for for the last couple of years. My mom remembers the exact date of her last period. She was 47 years and 8 months old. I have now not had a period in over 5 months (woo hoo!). Aside from some mild hot flashes, I haven't had any other symtoms.

How about you all? Are you just starting to go through it or are you done? What symptoms are you having or have you had?

shaunche

My Mum has been through the menopause. She celebrated her 60th birthday a few weeks ago. I knew she was going through the menopause in her 50's because she was more agitated and I noticed the hot flushes. My mum never talked about it, though. I think it's good to talk about how you are feeling.

sandooch

Oh, I talk about it with anyone and everyone who will listen, sometimes too much. :D I haven't yet noticed being any more agitated than normal, but maybe I should ask my family about that. I don't remember my mom going through it either, but she did tell me she didn't have a hard time with it, so I hope I follow in her footsteps.

Melissast

I havent gone hrough it yet, but I had menopausal symptoms when I had cancer and I stoped having my cycles for a years. My mother used to give me soy pills to help with the symptoms. I don't know how good that is for you, I was a teenager at the time and I just took whatever my mom gave me.

iampeebs

My mom is currently going through it and has had do side effects like hot flashes or anything. She is just thankful that she does not have the expense of a period every month. I envy her!

jovan107

I do not believe my mom is going through menopause, but I know she's feed up with her cycles. The funny thing is our cycles occur at the same time, lol. Although their is no set age at which women go through menopause its common that most women start at age 50-51. My mom turns 53 next year.

sandooch

I do think it follows the pattern of when the older women in our family goes through it. My mom and her sisters got it anywhere from 47-50 years old. So I'm right in there with them. I do agree that it's wonderful not to have to worry about the added expense of tampons, cotex and panty liners. I was a heavy bleeder, so I'd go through a box of tampons in a couple months, believe it or not. I still have daughters who use cotex, so they're still in the house. I even find that we don't go through toilet paper as much either. ;)

Melissa, I don't trust soy even though I know it can help with symptoms, but too much of it has been known to cause cancer. So I just stay away completely.