Allergies

Lyra

Well, it's official. Everyone in the house has allergies. I've suspected my youngest of having them for awhile but honestly dragged my feet on getting the diagnosis. But we went to the doctor this week to get a prescription. At least now my little one will feel better.

Luvkenny

Good! It has been official here for years. We all have skin allergies and regular allergies. It's a pain in the butt. I'm glad your youngest feels better now though. We try to use over-the-counter medicine instead of prescription medicine.

Penelope

Allergies tend to run in families, although science hasn't come to the conclusion that there is a genetic component. Did you know, that if you have allergies, breastfeeding for at least the first 6 weeks can protect your child from allergies? My oldest doesn't have any allergies like I do and she's the only one I was able to breastfeed. Both of my other two have allergies.

Lyra

Penelope, I did know that! Breastfeeding is so amazing. I breastfed my children into toddler hood. Some would say it obviously did not protect them from allergies, but I wonder how much worse their allergies might be if they had not been breastfed.