Zinc Essential For Memory

Aletha

Researchers have determined that zinc is essential for memory and cognitive functioning. In other words, we should make sure we have adequate zinc in our diets when we are young in order to prevent memory and understanding issues when we become seniors. They have also determined that the mineral may also play a part in preventing epileptic seizures.

Amazing that now, after all of this time, that researchers are starting to understand that we actually do need minerals and substances that occur naturally.

Weezle

That's awesome. I guess we should make sure our kids get adequate zinc intake so they will have an easier time as they age. There are a lot of instances of zinc in our diets. The main thing that contains zinc is protein sources. Oysters contain 76.7 mg of zinc in them. For vegetarians, the best source of zinc is pumpkin seeds.

Iben

That's useful info, thanks. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of zinc. I read that most legumes, nuts and seeds contain zinc in different amounts. Cooked soybeans contain 2.0 mg of zinc per serving.

Cassia

I remember watching TV commercials of liquid food supplement for adults and they claimed that the supplement contained zinc. Zinc helps promote healthier nerve cells and better brain function.

petunia

Zinc has a lot of health benefits that I was reading about recently in a nutritional news magazine. It is definitely an important part of a healthy diet.