Women get informed!

freshfoodie

Make no mistake about it, the Republicans are gunning for us. They would take away affordable access to birth control, mammograms, and cervical exams. They would reverse the decision that makes coverage of female reproductive services mandatory by insurance companies. And most dangerous of all they would redefine what it means to be raped to make sure that federal money isn't being used for abortions, something which has been protected against since the mid-1970's by the way. So no matter who you plan on voting for in this years election, make sure you know what you are voting for. All of these statements can be proven by checking Ryan's voting record and reading HR-3.

This is disappointing, just sad. It's no secret that they are really trying to cut back on EVERYTHING and rationalizing rape is heartbreaking. I don't care how, when, or by whom it was done. Rape is rape!

Melissast

I'm not sure how republicians even get female votes at this point. After reading some of the stuff that they said, like one govonor comparing rape to having a baby out of wedlock. I wanted to email them a definition of rape since they seem to be confused.

Kaybee517

I've voted in every election since I was 18 and for the first time every this year I'm seriously contemplating not even going to the polls. I'm just downright disgusted and saddened by the state of things and what the candidates choose to support. smh

Sage

I am unhappy with both parties. They seem to be trying to divide the country down the middle by you are either religious or you're not. You're for gay marriage or you're not or you're for women's rights or you're not. What about the bigger picture, which is the economy and the fact that our troops are still away from home?

gar

They probably figured everything is divided anyway lol. Whether its for the economy or not, the government will always RIP it off. If its something they'd gain,they're up for it. But I'm for women's right.

Lyra

I am unhappy with both parties. They seem to be trying to divide the country down the middle by you are either religious or you're not. You're for gay marriage or you're not or you're for women's rights or you're not. What about the bigger picture, which is the economy and the fact that our troops are still away from home?
I'm with you. Both parties twist things so much. I hate to align myself with either one, because I don't want people to think I support or don't support things for the same reasons politicians give. I really wonder why, if you have a solid platform, you can't make a good argument for it? Shouldn't their beliefs stand on their own merits instead of smearing what the other side believes? There are perfectly good reasons to fall on either side of the equation. Why don't they highlight those good reasons?

chabella

All Lady
Has anyone seen this image yet? Yes I know politics get messy but come on now, this is insane to think this guy is even trying to run after this stuff came out. Does he understand that this stuff just will not fly with women voters or does he even care?

Attachments

jovan107

Chabella, I agree with you. I believe Romney and Ryan are hoping that the special interests groups that support their campaign will shed out enough money to buy the election. As a woman I believe and strongly support women's rights. Anyone that does not support equal pay for women can never get my vote. I worked for years doing equal work as my male coworkers and I never received the same salary as them. The Republicans lost my vote. I am very disappointed in this ticket.

jovan107

I'm not sure how republicians even get female votes at this point. After reading some of the stuff that they said, like one govonor comparing rape to having a baby out of wedlock. I wanted to email them a definition of rape since they seem to be confused.
Melissast, I agree with you. I'm still trying to figure out how republicans will get female votes in the upcoming election, trust me they will get at least 30% of the female vote. I was upset when quite a few republicans did not support the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, but they lost me after the rape diabolical and this idiot is still running.

jovan107

Make no mistake about it, the Republicans are gunning for us. They would take away affordable access to birth control, mammograms, and cervical exams. They would reverse the decision that makes coverage of female reproductive services mandatory by insurance companies. And most dangerous of all they would redefine what it means to be raped to make sure that federal money isn't being used for abortions, something which has been protected against since the mid-1970's by the way. So no matter who you plan on voting for in this years election, make sure you know what you are voting for. All of these statements can be proven by checking Ryan's voting record and reading HR-3.
Freshfoodie, you state some great points and I agree with you. Its heartbreaking to think that women rights is being debated in the 21st century and can be taken away under a Romney presidency.

Esperahol

Did you watch the Democratic convention? They tried to be inclusive and they certainly prayed at the beginning and the end of each day of the convention. They also focused on the economy and made many excellent points. Besides which both Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden have done alot for veterns dispite Republican resistance.

Carolynn

You can't select or elect a Presidential candidate on a singular issue like birth control. No matter the President's stance (or his party's) on abortion the Supreme Court will not be overturning Roe vs. Wade anytime soon.

jovan107

Carolyn, I do not believe anyone would select a Presidential candidate based only on the issue of birth control, but when I look at most of the issues surrounding women and other issues, the Republican party that I have supported for years has let me down tremendously. I am not saying the Democrats are better, but as a Republican I believe my party has moved away from some of its values.

jovan107

Has anyone seen this image yet? Yes I know politics get messy but come on now, this is insane to think this guy is even trying to run after this stuff came out. Does he understand that this stuff just will not fly with women voters or does he even care?
The biggest issue I have with the current Republican ticket is the bold faced lies they are telling the public. I cannot support this ticket. It looks like I will be staying home on election day unless this ticket make some changes in the next 58 days.

jovan107

This is disappointing, just sad. It's no secret that they are really trying to cut back on EVERYTHING and rationalizing rape is heartbreaking. I don't care how, when, or by whom it was done. Rape is rape!
I agree, rape is rape. There is no way to rationalize rape or to diminish it.

freshfoodie

You can't select or elect a Presidential candidate on a singular issue like birth control. No matter the President's stance (or his party's) on abortion the Supreme Court will not be overturning Roe vs. Wade anytime soon.
Carolynn, if it were only birth control they were coming after it wouldn't be that big of a deal but they have chosen to attack women's rights on every single level. Equal pay for equal work, redefining rape, abortion, birth control. There are other things that don't pertain to women's rights that they have done that I don't agree with either but these are some of the biggest ones that affect me.

I don't align myself with either party , I have voted Democrat and I have voted Republican since I started voting at 18. I take my right to vote very seriously as I think everyone should. Too many people just vote Republican because that is what they have always voted or Democrat for the same reasons. I think if you are going to vote, take it seriously. Get informed and I don't mean watch CNN or MSNBC. I mean watch some sessions of Congress on C-Span or read some current legislation that has been passed.

It's scary to think someone would want to take away abortion rights. I hope Carolynn is right and no one will be doing that anytime soon. The fact that it is even an issue that is up for debate when so many important things are going on just baffles me. I can't comprehend why anyone would care what another person does with her uterus.

I'm definitely voting for Obama. No question.

Nakhash

It seems that no matter which party gains office, women, minorities, poor, very young and the very old will be the ones to suffer.

While I never was under the delusion that our congressmen and women weren't exactly deep thinkers, once in a while I can be astounded by just how stupid some of them are. Akins will probably be best remember for his explanation of legitimate rape.

beckyv1265

Isn't forcing you to give birth to an unwanted pregnancy a form of rape? When you impose your will on others its always a form of rape. Woman generally think long and hard before they choose to have an abortion. Its usually a momentous decision. I don't see how anyone has the right to dictate or decide what is best for us. I usually support many of the Republican views but I am afraid that as long as its run by a religious reich I will vote for the another party.