Why does women go meet men in Jail or prison?

Lena51

I feel this is more than terrible. What is it, they can't do any better or what? I would never go to a jail or prison to meet a man because I know that he has to have some kind of major problem in order to be behind bars. Ladies need to have a higher self esteem about themself and know they deserve the very best in a man and except nothing less.

I didn't know that people actually did this. I thought the only reason one would go to a jail when they are not behind bars, is to visit someone that they knew previously. It seems weird that they would go to meet inmates there. I wouldn't want to start any kind of relationship with someone that I met in jail.

xenon

I have known that women social workers working in the prison system sometimes fall under the spell of male prisoners. Even violent ones. I really can't understand this at all. Maybe the women are lacking or needing something in their lives that can't be met by more conventional methods of meeting male companions.

shaunche

I agree, I do think these women tend to have low-self esteem and something missing in their lives. Why else would they seek men in prison for solace? I also think it is the allure of the bad boy. However, most prisoners use the women for their own means, they don't actually care about the women.

chabella

All Lady
It takes pen pal to an entirely new level and one that I would never try. Do not get me wrong here I have known people that served time, changed their ways and do regret their past. Most never do though, its hard for a bird to change their colors.

beckyv1265

I worked in a federal prison and sadly this does occur often. Its a game to these men who have so much time on their hands. They like the attention and love to give attention. They have nothing better to do. I think that woman who fall for this do have low self esteam issues and maybe need to get a hobby. Most of these men are very intelligent and know just what to say to these woman to manipulate them. Many use them as a place to go when they get out. Sadly many woman do that with men who are not in the prison system as well. I would never be a doormat for a man.

artistry

They are lonely or nuts. Look at those brothers who killed their parents, women married them. I heard a physciatrist once, who said that women do such because they know where the man is and they have control over the situation. That is very bizaar, in my opinion.

Laurasav

I have a friend in New York who has a son in prison. It boggles my mind that her daughter started having a relationship with a cell mate of her brother's and then MARRIED the guy! He's been AWFUL to her, ordering her around from his "cage" and making her obey his every command - even to beating her kids, which she never did before! Now he's recently been out on parole and I really fear for her children! I think she's an idiot! :confused:
And the son/brother has married two different women since being in prison. That last one didn't last more than a couple weeks, and this new one isn't looking much better. She's got serious psychological problems - we'll see! I can't understand any relationship with these people - especially MARRIAGE! That's just NUTS!

Parker

I think the women who drool over the serial killers are really nutty. I just don't understand it. It just blows my mind. Some women marry these guys who are on death row. They know these men are guilty of some of the worse atrocities, but it doesn't matter. It seems like they just want to be married.

Lena51

I feel it's a very sad situation and you are right about them being just as nutty as can be. I know if they just have to have a man in there life, why don't they try to find the best there is and let all that crap go because when those men get out of prison and or jail, they are going to keep moving and find another fool to play on. I think they need a mental check on there head, they are missing something. They should never dare to bring one of those around there children in no way shape or form or there children should be taken from them. They do not know what that guy has done before he went to prison nor while he was there. They should get a hobby and keep moving, if that's all they got to do with there day.

misumaru15

Some women love dating when that are in some way emotionally unavailable. I think it is not fair to the children. I understand if something happens while you are married before jail. There are some in jail for defending a family member or spouse against an intruder. They may get time. However alot of women do this and may think it's exciting being pursued by these men.

rosie

I think it's because a lot of women don't have the guts to say they prefer to be alone. That's what they basically are when they hook up with a guy in prison. They should just buy some good books if they need the fantasy.

Sage

I think some women are attracted to "bad boys" and somehow believe that they can change or save them. The men that attract these type of women are also usually very good at making these types of women feel special, so that they will give them money and send them gift while they are in prison.

This is very sad when the women do this. The criminals are in prison for a reason and even if the person knows the reason or not they should not go to the prison to meet with them. This is just encouraging them that they have support on the outside from someone other then a loved one.

Lena51

The women should stay away from criminals all together because they can do better than that. Why they stoop so low gives me chills and make me sick to my stomach. As many men that are out there they feel they can't pick and choose someone that's really going to be there for them when they're needed is really beyond my train of thought. They do not look at it this way, for example, they can do bad by themselves and don't need any help to starve to death.

AnonaMoss

Some women are just lonely and it makes them feel good to have that companionship. Writing letters and receiving them can feel great. There are also some women who have a penchant for protecting the underdog. A lot of times those men will tell women that they are innocent or wrongfully accused. This really strikes a cord with some women, and it makes them want to be there for them. I think it's sad for a person to be so lonely that they choose to be manipulated by some of these men. A lot of times they are just trying to get acquainted with a woman so that she can be of assistance to him. She can provide him with money, a connection to the outside world and be of assistance to him when he gets out of prison.

I am not really surprised. There are women who are actually excited by men with bad character. Maybe it's the female equivalent of men who get excited over women with bad character.

jovan107

I think these women are desperate because I would never go to a jail or prison to meet a man. I think its sad that some women put themselves through this because they are being used. Most times when these men are released from prison they either find someone else to be with or go back to prison and the cycle starts all over again. The sad part is that a great number of these women have never met these men and start a relationship through writing letters n etc. Recently, a former co-worker started a relationship with a prisoner in Arizona, she lived in NJ and she would take frequent trips to go and see this prisoner. I felt sorry for her because her work started to be affected and she was eventually let go. I think these women need to understand they deserve the best.

Jatelo2

I feel this is more than terrible. What is it, they can't do any better or what? I would never go to a jail or prison to meet a man because I know that he has to have some kind of major problem in order to be behind bars. Ladies need to have a higher self esteem about themself and know they deserve the very best in a man and except nothing less.
Your post has some wonderful advice that I believe women should hold dear e.g having a higher self esteem. However, your tone is off-putting! You are in a way trying to condemn everyone in prison and associating women who visit them to despair! These issues are highly debatable and I think they should not be determined with such a finality!

It probably has something to do with fear also. There is some security in knowing that your partner is locked up in jail and will never leave you. There's not a lot of competition for prisoners so there is a low level of rejection. The prisoner relies on the person on the outside setting up a co-dependent care taking relationship and all the negative aspects along with it.