What type of flea repellant do you use on your dog or cat?

MarkBren

What type of flea repellant do you use on your dog or cat? Since summer is just around the corner i'm looking for some suggestions for a safe flea repellant. I don't like the liquid where you put a few drops behind their neck. And a flea collar will never touch my dog neck.

LillyZ

There are a few things I do for flea repentant. For example I introduced nematodes outside because they are natural enemies of fleas. Inside I do a few different things. At night I put a bowl with water and dish liquid next to my dogs bed. I put a light over it. That attracts the fleas and they die in the bowl.

I use the stuff you put on them. It really is the most effective way since they will lick it and spread it around their body and it won't harm them. I use one that also helps with larvae since most of them do not; I forget which brand exactly.

clewand550

I use Frontline for both of my dogs. They get it once a month. I don't put it on them during the winter months since my vet mentioned to me that they really don't need it during the winter months.

Randomhero

Originally I would use Comfortis & Sentinel together to get full flea life & internal parasite protection. Trifexis came out recently and has spinosad(comfortis ingredient) & internal parasite protection in one pill. So its actually pretty solid investment for full protection.