What else do you do to relax?

smellsrfun

I've seen a lot of question on here about what smells and herbs will help us relax. What else do you do in your life to help you relax? For me I play with my family. We play outdoors (go for walks, play softball) and we play board games.

SuzyQ

I am never more relaxed than when I am on my computer searching for information or talking to my young grandchildren on Skype, but the ultimate in couch potatoship has to be when I lay back in my well padded armchair with my feet up on my footstool to watch a good TV show!

chabella

All Lady
I keep a little open bottle (that has a lid on it as well for when not in use) in the shower, so when I feel the need for a little extra smell and relaxing feeling I can open it during a hot shower and the steam helps to stimulate the aroma through the room (since its a small room only a little is needed).

greentea

I found it's relaxing to walk through beautiful scenery in the park nearby my home. I also do meditation and yoga exercise, which are very beneficial to keep your body healthy and your mental condition balanced.

Treehugger

If I am really angry I clean my house or go for a walk with my Ipod. If I just need to relax I take a hot bubble bath with lavender or meditate with some soft music. Candles and incense burning help too.

chabella

All Lady
Right now I am working to learn to make some of my own oil, what I am looking for is a way to get out of the buying the plug in deals from the store and just make my own or similar. I know I can not use the oils that sit atop lamps (the bulb part) but anything that will help with kids and pets, you know? :)

Natural

I sleep or eat. These two activities will surely help in calming me down.

It is not easy to calm down but when I'm really angry, I take a cool shower and that would definitely help me relax.

Glinda

I find a good candle, a quiet place, and meditation works best for me. I never really get angry about anything, but my stress level can go through the roof at times. When that happens, I sit by myself and focus on the bigger picture for about ten minutes and then I feel much better.

Charity

I like to just sit with my feet up and read a magazine. Even better, is if I it is actually all quiet in my house when I am reading it.

CindyJ

If I need to burn off some energy, I love taking longs walks at a casual pace. If I'm looking to relax and unwind, a hot shower or bath usually does the trick.

smellsrfun

These all sound like wonderful ways to relax! It's nice to hear how other people like to relax... it gives me ideas! I'm not relaxed much when I'm on the computer - I'm always in a hurry to find what I'm looking for.

Janet

Listening to music is a great way to relax. I light some candles and just listen to some smooth sounds. Also, another great way to relax is silence, the flip side of listening to music.