what are the best scent combination that will help to calm?

april222

I am looking for a scent combination that I can add to my bath water to help me unwind and get to sleep. I'm certain that there are many different variations and I thought that i would enlist some help. if you have any favorites that work for you please, please share. Thanks

SoftRain

The most calming scent I know of is lavender, so I would try that first. It induces sleep too, so it should work for you pretty well.

I agree with Softrain. Lavender is a scent that will promote relaxation and cure anxiety. I have a lavender scent spray that I spray on my pillow at night which helps me sleeps. Mint is another scent that makes me feel relaxed and calm too. Did you know sucking on a peppermint when you are doing a speech will help you relax and not be so nervous?

I agree with Softrain. Lavender is a scent that will promote relaxation and cure anxiety. I have a lavender scent spray that I spray on my pillow at night which helps me sleeps. Mint is another scent that makes me feel relaxed and calm too. Did you know sucking on a peppermint when you are doing a speech will help you relax and not be so nervous?
That's surprising to me. I've always thought of mint as an invigorating scent, not a calming one.

wanderingherb

Peppermint as well as Lavender are funny individuals.

Lavender will give many individuals headaches. This is due to it being cut with camphor chemical plant or non plant. It eases anxiety for some. It does not cure. We have to be careful with "cure" terms. The best essential oil, imho, is Lavendula angustifolia. From a company that ensures pureness for aroma therapeutic purposes. An experience of bad lavender is not one many folks soon forget and it can turn a person away from lavender forever.

Peppermint, now here we have a two way street. It is both a stimuli and a relaxant. :) So yes for many people at certain levels, it most definitely will perk a person up. However drank lightly in a tea it can in fact calm. Remember essential oils, flavor oils, and plant matter are all different. So peppermint as an herb doesn't always have the same effect as peppermint as an E.O. or as a flavor.

Chamomile very spendy but a sure fire asset
Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia)
Bergamot
Geranium
Jasmine (will be in form of absolute)
Lemon Grass
Litsea Cubeba
Melissa
Rose (Damenasca, this is an absolute as the Jasmine. VERY spendy but just a ittty bitty amount is all that is needed.)

Many others. I just cannot stress enough the importance of purity. Otherwise using as an aroma therapeutic is useless.

Mrs. Rogers

My favorite combination is Lavendar and Chamomile. It always manages to put me right to sleep when I spay this combination on my pillow and sheets!

Hyacinth

I guess chamomile and lavender are usually included in any list of scents that have a soothing effect. I love these scents! Just a couple of days, I bought a lavender chamomile body wash and foam bath.

Randomhero

Usually lavender tends to calm me down, its got a very powerful smell that definitly gets your sense working. I'm not that in the know of other smells outside of that though :(