Vitamins to Help Hair Grow Longer

natastic

My hair is way to thin and fine. what kind of vitamins should I be taking to help my hair grow stronger and longer? I heard one containing Biotin may be the best, but I'm unsure. I'm not taking any vitamins at all right now. I know I should take at least one daily. what would you recommend?

jovan107

I recommend taking vitamins with Biotin or you could try using Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO). I alternate between the two. I use Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails. Also, I noticed whenever I take any vitamin that contains Biotin I have to increase how much water I drink and I never take more than 1 a day. Now the Jamaican Black Castor Oil is natural and you could apply small amounts to your scalp and roots by massaging it into the areas where your hair is way to thin and fine daily. Also, you could use JBCO as a hot oil treatment by applying the JBCO generously and either cover your hair with a plastic cap or sit under a hair dryer for 25-45 mins. After the hot oil treatment you could shampoo/condition and style as usual.

Luvkenny

Awesome question! My sister has this same problem! I'm going to print this out and share it with her. I on the other hand am the exact opposite. I go for haircuts every 6 weeks, my hair grows so fast!

shaunche

I think you should be tested for any vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Deficiences in any of the vitamins of essential minerals may affect your hair.

However, it might be genetic and there is nothing you can do about it if that is the case.

I'm not sure about length, but for thickness and color B vitamins are key, especially B5. I remember visiting a barber about 4 years ago. I had begun taking a B supplement about 2 weeks prior and when he shaved my hair off he asked whether I had started dyeing it.

He was shocked to see how the layer underneath was a different color to that on top. He showed me a lock of hair that was almost gray on the bottom half and jet black on top. It was silky smooth also, he said he'd never seen anything like it in his time as a barber, amused him anyway :)

sandooch

I take 10,000 mcg of biotin daily (5,000 in the morning and 5,000 in the evening) for this problem. Just the one 5,000 mcg pill was only stopped the excessive shedding of my hair. Adding the second pill later in the day (don't take them at the same time because your body will just pee out the extra 5,000 mcg it can't absorbed) is what did the trick to make my hair grow in a bit thicker and faster. I highly recommend it.

natastic

Thanks, I am definitely going to look for a multi-vitamin that contains Biotin. I do not care for the shedding and it would be nice to make the hair follicles stronger. I tried castor oil, but don't like how it feels in my hair after washing it out. I might try a shampoo containing Biotin too.

Cassia

Vitamins C and E are recommended for hair growth as well. They are antioxidants that promote cell health. Vitamin E facilitates circulation which in turn stimulates hair growth.

iluvmario

Make sure to take a good multivitamin every day. Biotin and MSM are good for growth and health. Make sure you eat a healthy diet high in protein, fruits and veggies and that will help your hair to be more healthy over time.